PDA

View Full Version : After Conversion

ronron
08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
When I capture something from youtube and play it in FLV Player it looks good, but when I convert it to any of the formats the video is pixelated when played in the other player formats, what am I doing wrong
thanks

calalily76
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
This my question also. do we need to convert the file to a different AVI setting? i see there are 3 AVI MPEG 4 options 450, 200 and 100kpbs. Which one should be chosen if i want to make a good clear non pixel dvd. Also i am capturing a high resolution video from motogp.

Cheryl Wester
08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
You are going to need to experiment with the different bitrates. If you make it to much larger than the original you can experience the difficulty you are having. As an example a YouTube video is made for a small format. If you try and convert it and increase it alot you will have pixelation.

jradford
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Replay Converter doesn't work as well as advertised or at least yields inadequate to bad results, assuming once cares about quality output at all. Replay Catcher works nicely for MOST (but definitely not all) flash files. But the conversion is just a YouTube toy, I fear, not a respectable tool.

I've tried Converter on maybe 20 files and on some have tested 3-4 different formats and 3 different quality settings.

COMPARISON: viewing Converter files compared to Catcher files side by side and at same size, the conversions are always significantly degraded (pixellated) compared to the captured file.

SORT OF: It seems Replay offers a "sort of" product that "sort of" does what you might want but not really.

Maybe Replay is OK for submitting files to YouTube wherein pixellation is the norm and often pretty awful. For all other purposes, Repay only "sort of" does the job but not really. It can sort of come close but the quality degradation is evident and sometimes really bad, especially for rapidly moving objects (as in "video" - still pics convert nicely).

For any use I may have in mind, I find Replay Converter is inadequate. I've asked for a refund. We'll see.

Cheryl Wester
08-18-2008, 04:17 PM
You don't say what version of Replay Converter you are using. If you haven't tried our latest beta version do give it a try. People have been extremely happy with it and the results are excellent. Thanks.

Mike Christensen
08-19-2008, 02:41 AM
Also, with the new version of Replay Converter, version 3.0, you can customize the quality setting by just right clicking on the target format in the target format drop down box.

Best regards,