PDA

View Full Version : How to select the audio source that is recorded

rcolbeck
10-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm a newbie here. I'm just trying to record stuff from online XM Radio, and I'm using the Ask and Record toolbar (I think this used to be Freecorder) and it works for recording the radio stream, however it also captures all sounds on my PC while I'm working (mouse clicks, vista sounds, etc). I'm using Vista which is known for missing some recorder mixer controls that were in XP. However, I've gone back to an old realtek driver and at least I do have a "Stereo Mix" option/device in the sound controls, but I don't see any way to select between audio streams from different sources. Is there an Applian (or other) product that I can use that will just record the streaming audio and not the other sounds coming from the PC?

Thanks, ..Roger

Tom Mayes
10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi Roger,

Try the free demo of Replay AV. It is designed specifically to record internet radio streams, and even lists all streaming XM stations in an integrated Media Guide. You can add XM stations to the Replay AV interface with a single click and record them on a scheduled basis if you like. Furthermore, Replay AV utilizes a unique recording technology that works perfectly with XM streams and even bypasses the captcha so you can record continuously without manual intervention.

You can check out the free demo here: http://applian.com/replay-av/

Regards,

Tom Mayes

rcolbeck
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the reply. Ok I downloaded it and now the problem is that it can't get my XM channel (tried 51 - Acoustic Coffee House and also tried another POP hits one) to work. It finds an audio stream but the audio says something about channel not being found. I live in Canada and usually tune to xmradio.ca although I wouldn't be surprised if it then hops to a .com site. Anyway, I also tried manually going to the xmradio site, logging in, finding my channel and then looking for the url (option in Replay AV) but it couldn't seem to find a url that was the radio stream.

I've filed a support question but will keep trying stuff.

..Roger

rcolbeck
10-30-2009, 10:59 AM
oops. Just solved that. I manually changed the channel to 51 under properties after clicking the name of the radio station/channel and it worked!

..Roger