PDA

View Full Version : Why is the only output asf

jss92
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Why does the product only output in asf. Why can't Applian tap the knowledge of other products they have in their library and offer some conversion feature to another format.

I know, why, why, why!

Thanks for listening to my rant (now do something about it).

Cheryl Wester
08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
We do have the Replay Converter that does an excellent job of converting files to various formats. ASF is a common file format and works great with windows media player and a lot of other players.

jss92
08-04-2008, 04:33 AM
We do have the Replay Converter that does an excellent job of converting files to various formats. ASF is a common file format and works great with windows media player and a lot of other players.

I've tried the demo copies of Replay Converter 2.8 and the beta 3.0, build 2 and neither of them (at least for me) have been able to convert the asf format to a mp4 or wmv file succesfully (frame rate only refreshes every several seconds).

Yeah, asf does work great in WMP, but let's face it - Apple dominates the portable market and mp4 is the standard to get video on your iPod/iPhone. What have your "lab" conversion tests yielded for an asf to mp4 conversion? Is it "Excellent?"

Thanks!

danhrainey
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I tried it also does not work.:mad:

markymark69
08-30-2008, 07:20 AM
I have tried to convert several .asf files recorded by At-large to DVD compatible or ipod compatible files and this does not work. Why is this?

Tasha Heinlein
08-30-2008, 08:20 AM
I have tried to convert several .asf files recorded by At-large to DVD compatible or ipod compatible files and this does not work. Why is this?

Are you using Replay Converter for this?

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

markymark69
08-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes and the results are as previously described in this thread. Frames are refreshed very slowly, every second or two.

Cheryl Wester
08-31-2008, 09:53 AM
We are working on an update to our converter and hope to have it ready for release in the next week or so. Hopefully it will do the job for you.

markymark69
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Great. Thank you. I'll watch for it.

Brandonc
08-31-2008, 08:31 PM
In the mean time you could check our Any Media converter. Here is a great artcile on how to convert files for Sansa players. But it may work for you also.
See it here: http://www.sansacommunity.com/article/11105/Great-Free-Sansa-Media-Converter/

markymark69
09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I've tried multiple converters. Perhaps there is an error in the creation and indexing of the asf file by At-Large?

bigboy85zz
09-05-2008, 08:48 AM
what i usually do is convert the files to wmv with windows media encoder and use something like tmpg encoder to convert to avi or any other format. i think theres a way to do avis in windows media encoder, but i havent looked into it.

markymark69
09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the input. I tried WM Encoder 9 to .wmv and I get an audio codec error with each of the .asf files that I have recorded with At-Large. Any suggestions?

Brandonc
09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the input. I tried WM Encoder 9 to .wmv and I get an audio codec error with each of the .asf files that I have recorded with At-Large. Any suggestions?

markymark69,
If you want to contact me on http://www.make-this-work.com/blog/
Use the "Contact Us" link. Maybe you can send me the file and I can see what's up and help.

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 01:45 AM
The latest version of Replay Converter, version 3.11 can now convert .asf files from At-Large Recorder correctly now. There is a new "Troubleshoot" feature in Replay Converter which can be activated by right clicking on the .asf file in the source list in Replay Converter. Once the .asf file is marked as "TShoot" in the status column, then click the "Go" button to convert the .asf file to the format you wish.

Best regards,

jss92
09-20-2008, 06:28 AM
The latest version of Replay Converter, version 3.11 can now convert .asf files from At-Large Recorder correctly now. There is a new "Troubleshoot" feature in Replay Converter which can be activated by right clicking on the .asf file in the source list in Replay Converter. Once the .asf file is marked as "TShoot" in the status column, then click the "Go" button to convert the .asf file to the format you wish.

Best regards,

Still doesn't work for me. I used the demo version* of At-Large Recorder and downloaded the RC 3.11. Followed instructions, rebooted machine and then tried to convert a 3-minute video to iPod format. Video frame refreshes every 5-10 seconds or so - audio sounds great.

Is there anywhere I can upload a log file or something to see the problem I'm experiencing. Other users having the same issue?

*Won't purhcase until I know I can convert to iPod with my Replay Capture Suite.

Mike Christensen
09-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Still doesn't work for me. I used the demo version* of At-Large Recorder and downloaded the RC 3.11. Followed instructions, rebooted machine and then tried to convert a 3-minute video to iPod format. Video frame refreshes every 5-10 seconds or so - audio sounds great.

Is there anywhere I can upload a log file or something to see the problem I'm experiencing. Other users having the same issue?

*Won't purhcase until I know I can convert to iPod with my Replay Capture Suite.

Hi,

Yeah, we found a bug using the "Troubleshoot" feature when converting to an iPod target format. The other formats should work. But the bug has been squashed and a new version of Replay Converter is coming out with this fix probably tomorrow.

Best regards,

geekymamaw
09-23-2008, 02:53 AM
I just downloaded the 3.1 update to the replay converter. I am still having the same problems as reported earlier in the thread. I just can't get it on my i touch. Audio is great but the frame refresh is slow resulting in a slideshow appearance. Video was recorded from at large recorder in asf format. I tried renaming to wmv.....no change. Any suggestions or tweaks I can do? I am using Vista

geekymamaw
09-23-2008, 03:01 AM
Hi,

Yeah, we found a bug using the "Troubleshoot" feature when converting to an iPod target format. The other formats should work. But the bug has been squashed and a new version of Replay Converter is coming out with this fix probably tomorrow.

Best regards,
Whoops....didn't see your post before I posted. I will wait for the fix. Sounds like you guys are working on it. I do love your software and when I can actually put my at large recording into my i touch.....life will be good. Thanks for all you do.

geekymamaw
09-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I've tried multiple converters. Perhaps there is an error in the creation and indexing of the asf file by At-Large?

I agree. I have tried other converters as well and get similar results. It may be an indexing issue.

Also there is new slingbox update that doesn't work with current At large version. Thank goodness I checked with this forum before updating or my slingbox would not have worked.

By the way.....still waiting for the ipod bug fix.. ............I tried 3.11 again and it still won't convert to ipod without the choppy freeze frame effect.

Mike Christensen
09-24-2008, 05:50 PM
I agree. I have tried other converters as well and get similar results. It may be an indexing issue.

Also there is new slingbox update that doesn't work with current At large version. Thank goodness I checked with this forum before updating or my slingbox would not have worked.

By the way.....still waiting for the ipod bug fix.. ............I tried 3.11 again and it still won't convert to ipod without the choppy freeze frame effect.

The version that will have the fix will be version 3.12. Once you see that version on the website, you can go ahead and download and install it. I'll also report this update when it's ready in this thread.

Thanks,

geekymamaw
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I just downloaded and it worked beautifully in converting a video to my IPOD. Thanks!

JTBurn
11-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Why does the product only output in asf. Why can't Applian tap the knowledge of other products they have in their library and offer some conversion feature to another format.

I know, why, why, why!

Thanks for listening to my rant (now do something about it).

Pretty obvious isn't it. This is a way to sell you replay converter.