PDA

View Full Version : Record Squeezecenter

whomever
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
I have a squeezebox using Squeezecenter, is it possible to record programs, Occasionly, like this past summer I listened to the Newport Folk Festival live stream would have loved to be able to record it. Thank you

stream-recorder.com
10-27-2009, 05:13 AM
If you have a computer, try to find an online broadcast and download/capture/record/save it.

The only option of recording from Squeezbox I can think of is recording from your sound card. You will need to connect the speakers out (headphones out) of your Squeezebox with line-in (mic in) of your computer using an audio cable with 3.5mm mini-jacks on both ends.

stream-recorder.com
10-27-2009, 05:24 AM
I've done some more research...

If I'm not mistaken, you can connect the SPDIF output of your Squeezebox with SPDIF of your sound card and then record from your sound card.

I haven't found anything about the protocol Squeezebox Server (formerly SlimServer and SqueezeCenter) uses. You can try to download music from Squeezebox Server using Replay Media Catcher and Replay AV.
And you can try to record from your sound card with Replay Music (if you need song splitting and tagging) or Ask&Record Toolbar. You will need to play music on your computer using software like Softsqueeze, Squeezeplay or Squeezeslave after starting Replay Media Catcher/Replay AV/Replay Music.

whomever
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
No squeezebox is connected to squeezecenter wirelessly, squeezebox is connected to my home stereo, no sound from Squeezecenter comes through my computer speakers.

stream-recorder.com
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
No squeezebox is connected to squeezecenter wirelessly, squeezebox is connected to my home stereo, no sound from Squeezecenter comes through my computer speakers.
You will need to play music from Squeezecenter (Squeezebox Server) on your computer using software like Softsqueeze, Squeezeplay or Squeezeslave. Then try to record with the software mentioned above. All of these programs have demo versions, so you can try them.