PDA

View Full Version : No audio with the video

acciobrain
10-24-2009, 04:49 PM
When i get videos there is no sound. What am I supposed to put for the audio setup/test if I have windows xp?

Cheryl Wester
10-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Did you run the audio test? If you did and it didn't say you were good to go then you need to enable the universal audio driver in the settings. Read the hints to the right of the box for this and you should be up and running.

stream-recorder.com
10-26-2009, 04:21 AM
When i get videos there is no sound. What am I supposed to put for the audio setup/test if I have windows xp?
The Audio Test dialog mentions the following:

Set the audio volume to 50% or higher. In the Audio Input list select "Stereo Mix", "Wave Out" or "What you hear" (if available).

If recording is not available try the Universal Audio Driver option in Settings.
and the Hints button to the right shows the following

On Vista computers the audio recording is automatically setup.

On Windows XP computers however, audio recording is possible if your sound card provides this feature. Recording is always available from an external source like a microphone but it may not be available from your sound card.

To find out if your sound card supports recording double click (or right click) the speaker icon on the taskbar and see if the Recording option is listed under Options or Properties. In the Recording dialog check the "Stereo Mix", "Wave Out" or "What you Hear" options if available. The Audio Setup/Test can also determine and setup recording.

If your computer is Windows XP and the Audio Test indicates that recording is not available use the Universal Audio Driver. This driver can record any sounds played in your computer but it may not work well with all video clips.

elbi
10-14-2010, 07:47 AM
The Audio Test dialog mentions the following:

and the Hints button to the right shows the following

Please can somebody help!!! Problem with sound after burning video. Video plays sound on pc, but once burned, sound disappears about halfway through the video. Using Nero to burn.

stream-recorder.com
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Please can somebody help!!! Problem with sound after burning video. Video plays sound on pc, but once burned, sound disappears about halfway through the video. Using Nero to burn.
This question seems to be related to Nero, not Applian products. What kind of file did you burn and what format did you use in Nero?

mcjr
12-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Had uncheck the box [Use Vista Audio Recording] setting first to be able select the Universal Audio Driver and Test it.
Confirmed: The "Universal Audio Driver" works with Vista, because i had the same trouble with no audio with my recordings, thanks support.