PDA

View Full Version : RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

stream-recorder.com
10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Do you need RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher? I think I need both :D , but the most important thing is to add RTMP support to Replay AV because more and more content providers switch to it.

Andy Heinlein
10-24-2009, 12:22 AM
The point of Replay A/V is scheduling. The point of Replay Media Catcher is to catch or capture streams as you watch them.

Making Media Catcher schedule would go against everything it stands for as well as clone Replay A/V.

So, I voted to add RTMP support to Replay A/V since a lot of streams are moving to that format.

PhilMid
10-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Andy what are the plans to fix Replay AV?

It has been excellent at recording BBC programmes and it is the reason that I bought it - currently the page http://www.applian.com/replay-av/record.php?name=bbc.co.uk%2F cannot be achieved with the current version (I am running 8.53).

Phil

dwakerley
10-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Andy what are the plans to fix Replay AV?

It has been excellent at recording BBC programmes and it is the reason that I bought it - currently the page http://www.applian.com/replay-av/record.php?name=bbc.co.uk%2F cannot be achieved with the current version (I am running 8.53).

Phil

May I add my voice to that request. Capturing BBC programmes is THE reason I use Replay AV. Please make that possible again!

JohnB
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Yet another user for recording BBC. The sole usage I have is for BBC 7 and BBC 4. I use it daily for this purpose.

Someone mentioned Media Catcher instead. It does record BBC 7 but for some reason does not have a suffix to the name of the file it downloads and on ending the download or being stopped and saved it deletes itself. If I stop it rather than stop and save and put a media suffix after the name it plays with no problems.

I would prefer Replay to get RTMP support but if only Media Catcher were given it would use that instead.

PLEASE RTMP for something fast!!

JohnB

MichaelR
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
I am in the same situation as well. I use Replay AV solely for getting BBC Radio programmes. Now I can't.

Please could you add the support for RTMP to Replay AV so I can go back to getting this great content again.

Many thanks
MichaelR

Tasha Heinlein
10-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Yet another user for recording BBC. The sole usage I have is for BBC 7 and BBC 4. I use it daily for this purpose.

Someone mentioned Media Catcher instead. It does record BBC 7 but for some reason does not have a suffix to the name of the file it downloads and on ending the download or being stopped and saved it deletes itself. If I stop it rather than stop and save and put a media suffix after the name it plays with no problems.

I would prefer Replay to get RTMP support but if only Media Catcher were given it would use that instead.

PLEASE RTMP for something fast!!

JohnB

Make sure that you are using the latest version of Media Catcher - 3.11

stream-recorder.com
10-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Some BBC streams are available in the Windows Media format which Replay AV supports:
BBC: Windows Media links (https://forum.applian.com//showpost.php?p=11689&postcount=3)

carlobee
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
i would want both of them too. :D

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

eckyzimba
11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I have been recording about 10 hrs of streamed programmes a week to transfer to portable player and CD. The alternative methods of recording are very tedious and frustrating. Please add RTMP support to Replay AV.
Bill

Garyfinch
11-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Just to add support to this one. I also record maybe 15-20 hours of BBC Radio 1/2/3/4 content weekly and synch to itunes. All went well until a recent rebuild of my PC using Vista and suddenly I got all the sometimes random problems other forum users are having.

I now find that there is inconsistency of problem between diifferent shows even on same station e.g. one show will record but wont convert, or will not record, or will be perfect, or will be perfect but wont synch into iTunes. I now find also that having used the forum to find the links to BBC broadcasts in .asx format, they work perfectly well, until suddenly they dont.

At the moment I am randomly trying all sorts of stream capture and conversions from "Leave Alone" through all variations of M4A M4B, Window Media etc hoping I will find a combination that will work.

Its driving me mad.

tedwatson
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Here's my two cents worth... I've been using Replay AV for more than a year to capture an internet 'radio' feed for more than a year. It's worked perfectly for audio but get's a little tricky when I try to capture video. The station I monitor has switched from a .mms feed to .flv with Flash10. Since ReplayAV doesn't support this format, I located Media Catcher, bought it, and am now using it. I've had some problems using Media Converter to convert the flash files to .avi format. In the converted files, the video stalls while the audio progresses on. From that point, it's all out of sync. I'd sure like to have an update on Replay AV so it will handle the new Flash feeds.

tw

Aetevaldo
11-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I have been using Replay AV to capture video and this is the reason that I bought it. Now that more and more those videos are on .flv format I believe that Replay AV should be uptaded to capture this format.

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2009, 11:01 PM
There are some things that are not as easy as it might sound. The developer is always working in improving our programs but as of now this is not possible with AV. When/if it can be it will be added-

leedslistener
12-05-2009, 05:32 AM
My vote for adding RTMP support to Replay AV. Please! Sole reason for buying/using is to be able to record conveniently from iplayer

chrise
12-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Have been using Replay AV to capture BBC webcasts for the past 3 years.
This is all I use it for.
Now it is useless.
Please update to support RTMP

lestag
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I have been recording about 10 hrs of streamed programmes a week to transfer to portable player and CD. The alternative methods of recording are very tedious and frustrating. Please add RTMP support to Replay AV.
Bill

I too use Replay AV for Listen again off the BBC . If it doesn't support the new iplayer on the BBC site, tehn it is of no use to me and i will need to find something else.

I am happy to pay $10 to upgrade to Replay AV with this feature

tiresias53
06-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Another vote here. RAV is useless to me without RTMP.

stream-recorder.com
07-19-2010, 05:36 AM
Replay Media Catcher 4 has been released recently. It has a scheduler.