PDA

View Full Version : The Best way to Capture & Tag Last.Fm

cain
08-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Anyone have any suggestions?

I use RMC for Pandora without problem, but like Last.Fm too.

Jeff Lenney
08-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Anyone have any suggestions?

I use RMC for Pandora without problem, but like Last.Fm too.

Replay Media Catcher is our best solution for Last.FM at the moment:

Record Last.Fm (http://applian.com/recording_solutions/show_service.php?id=3)

cain
08-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Thank you - I'm using RMC 3.0ß with Vista, as an Admin with FireFox 3.0.1 and none of the plug-ins (including Web Stream) seem to capture Last.Fm (hence my question.)

Should I submit a ticket to Tasha and Andy?

cain
08-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Update/Clarification: An existing instance (new tab) of FireFox 3.0.1 did not work, but I opened a new instance with IE7 it worked and a new instance of FireFox worked.

Tasha Heinlein
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Update/Clarification: An existing instance (new tab) of FireFox 3.0.1 did not work, but I opened a new instance with IE7 it worked and a new instance of FireFox worked.

Have you had any more problems with this? It should work with the "web dump" plug-in.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

moonriver
06-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Replay Media Catcher is our best solution for Last.FM at the moment:

Record Last.Fm (http://applian.com/recording_solutions/show_service.php?id=3)

I am using RM to record last.fm, with about 75% tagged correctly.
So I am rather pleased with RM :)
Any advantages using Media Catcher over RM?

Cheryl Wester
06-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Replay Media Catcher captures from the stream. It doesn't capture in real time so often you are able to capture several songs in the time it takes Music to capture one song. They use different methods of capturing. Each is an excellent program and each work on different streams in addition to having some overlap. It is a matter of personal choice as to what program you use. I use both of them all the time to capture what I want.