PDA

View Full Version : RAV Audio Recording Method Setting

dnorcott
10-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi All

I have just rebuilt my system (XP Pro fully updated) and after re-installing RAV 8.52 I had difficulty recording Speaker output. This was traced to Audio Recording Method being set to the default of "Replay AV Audio Driver". If I looked in the TEMP directory while recording I would find multiple aradx.wav files present. The conversion process never completed (wav to MP3) and if I attempted to convert or play the files in the TEMP directory they consisted of garbled voice or mostly silence.

FIX was to set Audio Recording Method = Stereo Mix

NOW here are my questions
1) I do not believe I had to change the default "Replay AV Audio Driver" to "Stero Mix" previously. Using Sound Blaster Live 5.12.1.203 drivers which were obviously re-installed (and may not be the same set) with the rebuild. Should I have to change the default with this configuration.

2)Assuming I must change the default setting for Audio Recording Method, where can I set "Stereo Mix" as the default Can find no applicable registry setting or config file where this can be done.

Cheryl Wester
10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
There is not a way to change the default from Replay aV Audio Driver to Stereo mix