PDA

View Full Version : 512 x 104 Vid Size?

Zarathustra
10-18-2009, 07:06 AM
5:1 is the video ratio on everything I capture with RVC. Needless to say, that's not the original size. I am using IE under XP, and all the other suite work fine, latest versions. Tried mpg/wmv/capture rates, all possible combos. Same result every time. If I use full screen vs say, 640 x 480, the captured vid is bigger, but always with that weird ratio.

Cheryl Wester
10-18-2009, 10:23 AM
This is not something I have heard of before. Pleae make sure you are running the latest version of the program and do try again. If you continue to have this issue contact tech support so we can take a look at it.

Zarathustra
10-20-2009, 04:35 AM
I was able to debug the problem.

RVC is getting the wrong window handle for the capture, for one thing. The video is embedded in a web page, using JavaScript to display, and RVC thinks it is supposed to be getting the whole browser window instead of the embedded windows media player. My theory is that it is getting the width from the wrong window and the height from the right one, yielding the odd ratio.

Anyway, the fix is to explicitly grab the correct window, using the grab window functionality, and it is saved with the correct ratio.

I was simply bringing up the page and clicking the capture button before.

carlobee
10-20-2009, 08:15 PM
good to know you figured that one out and thanks for sharing.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg