PDA

View Full Version : Pause shortcut???

Christian
10-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Dear forum,

can anybody tell me whether ther's a shortcut for the pause-function?

I want to record a full-sreen powerpoint with audio input from my headset. For not showing the Replay Window on the video I am using the ctrl+F12 shortcut to start and stop the recording.

It would be nice if ther's a shortcut for pause as well.

Kind regards

Christian

stream-recorder.com
10-16-2009, 06:36 AM
I would also like to have the pause function.

carlobee
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
very nice idea. that would really come in handy. :)

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Loomy
12-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I think this is HUGELY important as it seems the only way to avoid seeing the control panel popup in the recording itself.

I have 2 questions:

1) Why did Applian not include this important facility in the original release when they correctly anticipated that seeing the control panel in a recording would be a problem and therefore provided CNTRL F!2. Therefore, why did they not include shortcuts for BOTH "Pause" and "Resume" with the same thought in mind?

2) The original post in this thread was dated in October. Why has no one from Applian shown the interest to respond?

This is a great program that is let down quite badly due to the lack of the Pause & Resume shortcuts.

Come on Applian...lets have a good response this please. Thanks

Jeff Lenney
12-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Hey folks sorry for the delayed response

Replay Video Capture DOES have a pause feature available, however there is no keyboard shortcut available for this as of yet. I will relay that suggestion the programmer, however.

The Pause feature only works with the MPEG-2 video recording enabled, it will not work with the windows media 9 video recording at this time.

To start a recording, press the Record button. In a moment, the region you selected will be recorded as a video. As you're recording, the Record button turns into a Stop button, and Play becomes Pause.

I hope this clears things up.

Loomy
12-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Thank you for your response Jeff. It was only late last night after thinking that there was a fault in the program because the "play' button did not change in to a "pause' button that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it only to find it made no difference.

Only after I then carried on looking through the various posts did I discovered that the pause facility is only available in MPEG-2 format recording mode and not Windows Media 9. Of course I then saw your post this morning that made that very same point.

In response I would like point out the following so that you can communicate it to the programmer:

Windows Media 9 mode is perfect for recording webinars as the quality is good and the file size is significantly smaller than MPEG-2.

Webinars commonly have pauses in them for various reasons and therefore being able to pause a Windows Media 9 recording would be a really big benefit. That facility together with pause and resume keyboard short cuts as I and thers described in prior posts would be an important enhancement to your excellent product.

Could you please tell us a why Windows Media 9 pause facility was not included already and if it will be in the near future together with the pause and resume Keyboard short cuts which would keep the Replay Video Capture control panel out of sight throughout any recording even when it is necessary to pause and resume.

I have noticed from the version blogs that the program is not updated very often and perhaps if the time could be reduced between updates, your terrific program could keep pace with the important enhancement it would benefit from - thanks

Cheryl Wester
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Very simply it is not included as the developer could not get it to work correctly with that format. If/when he is able to it will be added. We would also like that feature. It is not always as simple as it sounds.

Loomy
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the response but I just had an interesting conversation with a friend on mine who has an earlier version of your software....screencast 1.21 and it records files in Windows media WMV format and it does have the "pause" facility. What I am I not understanding here?

Jeff Lenney
12-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the response but I just had an interesting conversation with a friend on mine who has an earlier version of your software....screencast 1.21 and it records files in Windows media WMV format and it does have the "pause" facility. What I am I not understanding here?

Replay Screencast was actually a separate program, written by a different programmer. Replay Video Capture was not an update to it - but rather a program that we liked better and decided to sell instead of Replay Screencast.

As i'm not a programmer, I can't attest as to the "why" of this - but I will be mentioning this to our programmer that next time we speak.

Thanks again for the suggestions and feedback! :-)