PDA

View Full Version : DVD recording captures audio only

dpavlik
10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I followed all the suggestions in the user guide re: recording DVD's. . just trying to capture 2 minute segment. The audio records fine but the video is just a green screen (not black). I turned off video accelleration and disabled it in the video capture settings. . . no luck. Anyone have other suggestions?

stream-recorder.com
10-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Try to record not from Windows Media Player, but from any other player like freeware VLC.

philly_phenom
10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
I have the opposite issue. Captures are fine w/ WMP, but VLC gives audio only (black screen).

stream-recorder.com
10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I have the opposite issue. Captures are fine w/ WMP, but VLC gives audio only (black screen).
Few video capture programs can record from overlay, so you need to disable video acceleration before recording.

In VLC go to "Tools" -> "Preferences" -> "Video Settings" and uncheck the "Accelerated video output (Overlay)".

philly_phenom
10-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Few video capture programs can record from overlay, so you need to disable video acceleration before recording.

In VLC go to "Tools" -> "Preferences" -> "Video Settings" and uncheck the "Accelerated video output (Overlay)".

Thanks - I'll give it a shot.