PDA

View Full Version : zune marketplace?

earthbound
10-13-2009, 05:09 AM
ok so ive been eyeing this program for awhile now and finally decided to dive in and check it out. i was impressed by the free trial so i went ahead and bought it.

it worked great with imeem and lala and pandora but when i tried the zune marketplace i kept getting this weird glitch. everytime i tried to record a song, it would get to the conversion process then freeze. i closed the program, went to the file folder and one file (the .wav) was 301 mb! and the converting file kept growing (even though replay music was closed) till it got to about 80 mb and wouldnt let me delete it until it was done. also when i opened the file it was skipping every second. this happened every time i tried to record a song. i also tried changing bitrate, different songs, different browsers (chrome and firefox).

now i know it doesnt say that zune marketplace is compatible but it didnt say imeem was either and that worked great. could it be the way zune songs are encoded? i cant think of anything else to try...has anyone tried it or gotten it to work?

either way, this program has already payed for itself in just a few hours. ive already downloaded about 40 songs. i can use imeem for most downloads but being a zune owner it would be great if i could get this to work.

thanks,
earthbound

stream-recorder.com
10-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Most probably you try to record DRM-protected songs in Windows Vista or Windows 7. You don't use Windows XP, do you?

earthbound
10-13-2009, 06:20 AM
ya using vista 64 bit,
probably is drm...i figured since rhapsody and napster work and since it just records from the sound card it wouldnt make a difference but i guess M$ just wants my money

maxrenn
10-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Replay Music records what you hear on your speakers. Drm or not it always works.
It does not break any Drm, it just records what you hear so your problem does not come from that.
Bye

stream-recorder.com
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Replay Music records what you hear on your speakers. Drm or not it always works.
It does not break any Drm, it just records what you hear so your problem does not come from that.

Have you ever heard about Secure Audio Path

All personal computer operating systems are vulnerable to attacks that seek to replace device drivers. For example, a digital media file is vulnerable to interception on the way to the sound driver after the file has been decrypted and downloaded from the DRM system to a media player. With the release of Secure Audio Path technology in Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition and Windows XP, the data path inside the operating system is protected during transfer from the media player to the sound card. This reduces attacks that are based on false plug-ins because these components only have access to encrypted data. A certified Microsoft component verifies that all downstream components (including the sound card driver) are also certified. It does not decrypt the data stream if it detects unauthorized or compromised components in the execution path.

and Protected User Mode Audio (PUMA)?

Windows Vista introduced Protected User Mode Audio (PUMA), the user-mode audio engine in the Protected Environment (PE) that provides a safer environment for audio processing and rendering. It allows only the acceptable audio outputs to be enabled and ensures that the outputs are disabled reliably. PUMA has been updated for Windows 7.

The audio stack in certain Microsoft products supports DRM by implementing the usage rules that govern playback of the audio content. To play the protected content, the underlying audio driver must be a trusted driver; that is, the driver must be logo-certified for DRMLevel 1300.

The Protected Environment in which DRM content is played contains the media components that play DRM content, so the application only needs to provide remote control (Play, Rewind, Pause, and so on), rather than having to handle unprotected content data. The Protected Environment also provides all the necessary support for Microsoft-approved ("signed") third-party software modules to be added. It provides a “wall” against outside copying, where within the walls, content can be processed without making the content available to unapproved software.

In order to prevent users from copying DRM content, Windows Vista provides process isolation and continually monitors what kernel-mode software is loaded. If an unverified component is detected, then Vista will stop playing DRM content, rather than risk having the content copied. The Protected Environment is implemented completely in software, so software-based attacks such as patching the Windows kernel are possible.

Do you know any software that can bypass Protected User Mode Audio (PUMA) except for the following?

In January 2007 the developer Alex Ionescu announced that he had found a method that allows end users to bypass Vista’s Protected Media Path. This would allow digital content to be played on equipment that does not implement DRM restriction measures (like rescaling of video resolutions and disabling analog audio outputs). However, he did not release any sourcecode in fear of a Microsoft lawsuit regarding possible violation of the DMCA. On 6 March 2007, Microsoft responded after internal testing, that the described method would not work.

maxrenn
10-14-2009, 05:50 AM
Hello, i know about that stuff. That kind of protection has been existing for years but as far as i know has never been implemented.
I know several softwares (with or without "virtual sound devices") being close to Replay Music, i've been visiting their forums and never heard about that.

I won't mention any Applian competitors here, but those software are already compatible with Windows 7, some visitors have made tests on DRMed stuff and it works !!

The only problems come from soundcards which recording mixers (Stereomix, What U Hear...) have been removed under the pressure of the music industry.

So i keep on saying that Replay Music is compatible with DRMed tunes.
The problem of the original poster does not come from that.

Bye.

Cheryl Wester
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Most of the time it does work with XP but not with Vista or with Windows 7 due to the way they handle recording and DRM.

maxrenn
10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Good evening, the other programs i know use a similar "virtual device" and the users under Vista or 7 say it works.
Being with XP i can't tell about Replay Music, it would be interesting to have the feedback of Vista users of RM.

Bye.

carlobee
10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Most of the time it does work with XP but not with Vista or with Windows 7 due to the way they handle recording and DRM.

I think this is the case on this one.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

stream-recorder.com
10-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Hello, i know about that stuff. That kind of protection has been existing for years but as far as i know has never been implemented.
I know several softwares (with or without "virtual sound devices") being close to Replay Music, i've been visiting their forums and never heard about that.

I won't mention any Applian competitors here, but those software are already compatible with Windows 7, some visitors have made tests on DRMed stuff and it works !!
Please PM me the links to the forums or at least software names. I really want to know the programs that can record DRM protected Windows Media files in Windows Vista and Windows 7 when Protected User Mode Audio is used. Thank you.

maxrenn
10-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi "Stream-Recorder" !

You don't seem to understand that if those softwares work it's because that kind of protection is not implemented and has never been !

The "protected audio path" has been released with XP, that means years ago!
There's nothing new.

If Replay Music can't do it, it does not mean it can't be done, it's either Applian's developpers have not found the "trick" or they fear the kind of lawsuit they had from Adobe.

I will pm you some softwares that re-record Drm-ed tracks with Vista.
But you already know them as you run a specialized forum i visit sometimes.

Vista has been released for quite a time know and it hasn't prevented users of those softs to make copies of songs they bought.
If the ability of making a "re-record" had suddenly disappeared with Vista i would have know.
Sometimes people have problems with a new version of It*nes or whatever and the developper always end with an updated version of his application.

These soft developpers for some of them have already updated for Windows 7
and made promising tests with commercial music services.

Visit their forums and you'll see by yourself, bye.

stream-recorder.com
10-15-2009, 12:53 AM
maxrenn, thank you very much for your explanation. No need for links then.