PDA

View Full Version : FLV files stop playing

detox
10-12-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi, I have 3 .mov videos which have been converted to FLV by a 3rd party, the FLV files run fine for them. The files were sent to me using a sendpace type site for me to download. However when I play them using Applian FLV player, they stop before the end. One stops around 8mins, one at 9mins, one at 10.30mins. I have deleted them completely & re-downloaded these vids several times but the same happens, they just stop playing around these points. Does anyone have any ideas?

carlobee
10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I think this has something to do with the files that were converted to FLV via a 3rd party and not with the Applian FLV player.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

detox
10-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Thanks but the files play perfectly on the 3rd party's FLV player, just not on mine.

stream-recorder.com
10-13-2009, 05:57 AM
It seems to be a problem with the software that you use to download or convert files.
You can try other FLV players like freeware VLC and see whether it is so or not.

You can upload the files to a file sharing web-site so that we can test them.

Tasha Heinlein
10-13-2009, 03:34 PM
This was resolved in a ticket. The files did not play correctly in any other player, so it was an issue with the files and not the player. Thank you guys for your feedback!

stream-recorder.com
10-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Thank you Tasha for the update!