PDA

View Full Version : Broken desktop icon

nicnew
10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I have recently installed all the Replay Capture Suite components on a new computer running 64-bit Vista.

I cannot get the right icons to display for the desktop shortcut for Replay Video Capture. The shortcut icon is created on my desktop but instead of being the icon supplied by Applian, I just get a default Microsoft one - the on that looks like a little window with a grey outline around it and a blue bar along the top.

I have tried right-clicking the icon and going to Properties to change it from there. I can navigate to the Replay Video Capture folder and point at the right icon design (an orange tv monitor wearing sunglasses!), but it will not update on my desktop.

I have the same problem with Replay Media Catcher - I cannot get it to display the right icon (purple background with musical notes and a film reel), though the system will let me change to display another icon in the same folder (red downloading arrow).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, rebooting the computer etc, but still cannot resolve this.

The software is working correctly in all other respects so this is only a minor problem but it is still annoying me because it is spoiling the appearance of the desktop on my new computer!

Thanks for any help.

Cheryl Wester
10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Have you used the Replay Director. It is one icon for all of the programs. If you haven't give it a try. Delete all of the icons you have and reboot. Then do the install.

carlobee
10-15-2009, 10:14 PM
does this only happen with Applian products? because if not, it does have something to do with your OS.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg