PDA

View Full Version : Audio Books and iTunes with AV

piper140
10-06-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm curious why after using Replay AV's audiobooks recorded on to my ipod for close to a year they stopped working suddenly.
Even after upgrading all the software the files seem to be corrupt. I can play them in audiobooks on itunes,
but as soon as I drag them into audiobooks and unplug the ipod, I push play on the file and the ipod shuts down and reboots.
I'm also curious, as to why the "Apply" buttons don't work in properties? I own Replay Video capture and Replay AV with Widows XP.
Maybe it's the way my ipod is synced with iTunes.I feel like I have tried everything before comming here to Applian for help.

Thanks, (The new guy on the block) piper140

P.S. I Love this software

Mike Christensen
10-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi Piper,

This seems more of a problem with iTunes or your iPod software.

Regards,

piper140
10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi Mike, I'm still having issues, maybe you can point me into the direction I need to go. I'm on an in house network and
I enjoy pulling up files I've recorded from my downstairs computer and access them on my upstairs one, put them on my ipod and jet off to work.
Then I bought a better computer and put it upstairs and moved the older one downstairs. My wife's ipod, mine and my daughters were all
synced with the downstairs computer and then synced them with the upstairs one. They were all using itunes 7 and I upgraded the ipod software and itunes and they are all doing the same thing. They just will not stop re-booting when I open an audiobooks file that has been downloaded on to the ipod. Just as normally as they ever have been. The only issue I have seems to be with audiobooks. Has iTunes done something new with their ipod software updates that effects our Classic 5th. gen. ipods or possibly Replay AV? Is it the way I pull the files from "My Network Places"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really computer illiterate.

Thanks, piper

carlobee
10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I believe this is an iTunes/iPod issue.

iTunes is already on version 9.1 now.. it might help if you would upgrade yours as Apple products require these upgrades.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

piper140
10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I have done everything now that I can think of to my ipod including restoring it to factory settings. My iTunes and ipod are all up to date. I have reloaded and reinstalled the code for replay AV. My ipod will not except a file without rebooting on any file smaller than 15 min. long in length. Anything longer makes it shut down and reboot. I found an old file on my computer that seems to work on my ipod and it is 62 min. long, like all the files I usually make. I have also successfully put audiobooks on my ipod without the use of Replay AV.The replay files are all being made as asf m4b files. The old file is an mp3 m4b and it works. Is there a way that I could send a log file or something to someone for a sense of direction?

Thanks, piper

stream-recorder.com
10-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Is there a way that I could send a log file or something to someone for a sense of direction?
You can submit a support ticket (http://www.applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=3) and send log, URL and may be an audio file you have problem with.

crazyjany
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I am having the same problem with the i-pod....i can play the files on itunes but as soon as i play it on my ipod the ipod resets...don't think its an ipos issue, i as well am up to date on all software. Please help!