PDA

View Full Version : Installing and file downloads

kev914
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I just bought the Replay suite. I didn't buy the backup cd because I figured I could burn the files myself. I downloaded from the link on the page I was taken to. I thought the download was rather quick. When I installed, it seems like the file I downloaded was just a install manager. It went out and downloaded other files. After it was done, I was taken to another page and there were links to download all the individual applications. I downloaded them all. Are these the install files that the installer downloaded?

Also, I was wondering...if I have two machines, am I allowed to install the applications on both as long as I don't run them on both machines at the same time? Or do I need to buy a set for each machine.

And lastly...when I first started looking at this application, I was looking at an application called WM recorder. When I went to buy it, it was called Replay Video recorder. I know these two products are tied together. The application looks the same except for the titles. The reason I'm asking is...I installed WM Capture on my newer machine. But I bought the Replay Applications. I installed them on my older machine for two reasons. The videos I wanted to capture were on that machine and the sound card is better. I can record what U hear on that machine. On my newer machine, there is no stereo mix option. I believe that these applications don't need that option to work. Is that correct? I would like to eventually move to the newer machine. And if I move to the newer machine...what about the test copy of WM Capture that I installed. I'm not sure I want to uninstall it, because I've seen where applications sometimes remove codecs that other applications need. But if that application is on there, can I install the replay applications?

Thanks.

stream-recorder.com
10-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Also, I was wondering...if I have two machines, am I allowed to install the applications on both as long as I don't run them on both machines at the same time? Or do I need to buy a set for each machine.
Would there be any problem using my registration key on multiple machines?

when I first started looking at this application, I was looking at an application called WM recorder. When I went to buy it, it was called Replay Video recorder. I know these two products are tied together. The application looks the same except for the titles. The reason I'm asking is...I installed WM Capture on my newer machine. But I bought the Replay Applications.
WM Capture and Replay Video Capture are identical. WM Recorder and WM Capture are different programs.

I installed them on my older machine for two reasons. The videos I wanted to capture were on that machine and the sound card is better. I can record what U hear on that machine. On my newer machine, there is no stereo mix option. I believe that these applications don't need that option to work. Is that correct?
Yes, this is correct. You can record from the Universal audio driver.

I would like to eventually move to the newer machine. And if I move to the newer machine...what about the test copy of WM Capture that I installed. I'm not sure I want to uninstall it, because I've seen where applications sometimes remove codecs that other applications need. But if that application is on there, can I install the replay applications?
You can un-install WM Capture and then re-install applications you have problem with. You shouldn't have any problem having both WM Capture and Replay Video Capture on your computer.