PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V 8 & XM

Heinrich
07-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Functionality question - I'm getting a stream .asf from Fungus 53 ... not seperate mp3 files with track information. It looks like that functionality is available with XMOnline but is it only with the XM PCR ?

Rob27
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
i've had no success with it to record the online XM streams. i entered my username and password and nothing.

i would like to record AT 40 on 8 and 7 vs using my XM receiver.

-Rob

Cheryl Wester
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Replay AV works great with XM. It does record from the stream so it captures in the native format. It will not split the songs due to the way they are streamed without a definitive silence. They also do have a fade in and a fade out that makes it difficult.

With your device you need to set it up a little differently. Set it up the way you would for a regular XM by going to Record-Record XM. Then go to the tabs and select the Recording tab. Change it to Capture by Recording Audio Speakers and then in the drop down list select XM Hardware.

Rob27
08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
that's not capturing by stream though.

besides from basic operations, your software needs a lot of work.
it should be able to connect to a stream and boom record.

i already have had complaints from people who were willing to purchase the software about the reconnect issues.

if i want to say record XM 8 at a certain time to begin -end.

and i don't know where it would be getting the stream from. AOL or XM?

-Rob

Cheryl Wester
08-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi

If you connect with the Internet it does capture the stream. When you are capturing with the device you do need to use audio capture as it is not connecting to your Internet to connect but to the device. You are able to schedule the recording to start and stop when you wish. Thanks.

Heinrich
08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Replay AV works great with XM.

That's a matter of opinion - I must respectfully disagree.

With your device you need to set it up a little differently. Set it up the way you would for a regular XM by going to Record-Record XM. Then go to the tabs and select the Recording tab. Change it to Capture by Recording Audio Speakers and then in the drop down list select XM Hardware.

Will it split by song with an XMPCR?

Cheryl Wester
08-01-2008, 06:56 PM
It will not split for the same reason as I have previously given. You might try it with Replay Music and you could possible get a split if you tweak the settings enough. To be honest, most people are not successful due to the lack of silence and the fade in and fade out, however.