PDA

View Full Version : Unable to record video from MySpace using Replay Media Catcher

psycom
09-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Anybody else have problems recording all of a sudden.... like in the last 6 weeks or so? I tried to capture some stuff off of Star Search and also clips form Monet Monico's website on MySpace and it just sits there and does nothing.

I had it actually do what its suppose to do only to see it all disappear after it was completed. I never had any problems before but now it's like this software has been detected and won't allow recording if that's possible.

Any new updates? Am I the only one or are others having the same problem? I loved it when it worked but now it's a big disappointment. :confused:

carlobee
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
did it happen after you did some upgrade or major changes to the program? or it just happened immediately?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

psycom
09-29-2009, 10:37 PM
It just happened immediately out of the Blue. Try it for yourself. There's a clip of a friend of mine on her website on myspace Monet Monico (http://www.myspace.com/monetoffcial)

The clips she has up from StarMaker... it does not recognize them. :confused:
Haven't had time to check other clips out as I've been working with Monet pretty consistently and its those clips I wanted.

Matter of fact on the MTV site I tried to get the same clips and I ended up with the commercial front end but it wouldn't record the actual clip. Is this some new code that is blocking this software? Odd I would get the commercial but not the actual video.

Previously I never had a problem but not on these types of clips whatever they are. This is with MEDIA CATCHER. Haven't tried the other one where you make a box around it then it records as I fount the Media Catcher really simple to work with.

Give it a shot and let me know what happens. FYI: the 2nd & 3rd clips are really good. This girl is going to win this contest so you get to see a little bit of what's coming down the pike in the music world.

Maybe the techies will resolve it or at least tell us what it is. I'm really curious if Media Cather met its match. :(

>>> This is the response I received from tech support. I sent them to go look at the same thing on MySpace & MTV to see what's up. A $100 software package advertised as being able to "Record and Convert ANY streaming video or audio with this powerful toolkit" ought to have some follow up fixes. I'd expect more than this answer:

Hi Richard,

MySpace music is now using an encrypted format that cannot be stream captured. You will need to use Replay Music for these recordings.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Date: 29 September 2009 20:00

stream-recorder.com
09-30-2009, 01:36 AM
The owners of the suite can use Replay Video Capture to record anything from computer screen or record anything from a sound card using Replay Music.

Replay Media Catcher was able to record RTMPE streams from MTV and MySpace before Adobe forced to remove support of Adobe secure measures:
As of January 28, 2009, any newly installed copy of Replay Media Catcher does not support Adobe Secure RTMP Measures. (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)
There is nothing the developers can do about it.

Also Applian offers a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee, so there is nothing to worry about.

Tasha Heinlein
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Media Catcher still works with MySpace videos. It happens that the specific videos that you are trying to record are being streamed from MTV.
PS your "response from tech support" is misleading and out of context. It was a response to your original ticket which stated:

"My registered Media Catcher has quit recording clips from Myspace? It worked fine, as advertised for awhile but then it began acting up. I'd have web dumps, material recording then everything would erase as soon as it was finished.

This program isn't working no matter what I do. I don't have time to play around in your Q&A section and since I had used it I know how it is suppose to work. Not being able to contact techs for support is a BIG minus for your company btw.

I was pleased with this purchase and sent others to buy it. Now it isn't doing what I need it to do.

Pass this along to Tech support and lets find out the cause of it. Maybe you need to send me a new updated program?? Something has happened."

You did not mention a specific link or anything about MTV.

stream-recorder.com
10-01-2009, 02:09 AM
RMC can't record only secure streams from MTV and MySpace. You shouldn't have any problems with recording HTTP and RTMP streams. If you do, please post a link so that we can try to record.