PDA

View Full Version : RMC 3.11 "KILLS" Internet Connection

Joleca
09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Previously had the full Replay Suite (versions 2.xx) installed and had found I was pretty much unable to record anything with RMC any more (it wasn't even recognizing there was active video)..

So, broke down and spend "$79" yesterday to upgrade the suite to the newest version.. Now have RMC 3.11 installed (with the brand new license) and every time I start it, it completely kills my Internet connection.. Stopping the recording and exiting RMC make no difference... The only way to get my Internet connection back seems to be to REBOOT the computer..

and makes no difference whether I use Firefox v3.5.3 (preferred) or Internet Explorer v7.0.6002.18005, or Google Chrome 4.0.213.1 or Maxthon 3.0.4.8 . I'm sure if I installed and tried any other browswer, I'd still have the same problem, so this is not a browser-specific issue. Also have the newest versions of Adobe Flash Player v10 for both FF & IE installed.

Have turned in a trouble ticket to tech support but still waiting on a response.. Hoping maybe someone else has experienced this and has a solution...

stream-recorder.com
09-28-2009, 06:46 AM
That's an expensive upgrade. Have you upgraded or just bought the latest version of the suite???

What version of RMC did you have before?

I don't have any problem with RMC. You need to un-install it, reboot and then install it to make it work properly.

More and more content providers switch to secure RTMPE protocol and/or SWF verification. Even the latest version of RMC can't record them:
Replay Media Catcher was able to record RTMPE streams before whether they were using SWF verification or not:
As of January 28, 2009, any newly installed copy of Replay Media Catcher does not support Adobe Secure RTMP Measures. (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)

You can use screen capture software like Replay Video Capture to record secure streams, but obviously stream downloading gives better quality, allows to download several streams simultaneously,...

Joleca
09-28-2009, 08:13 AM
That was the upgrade for the entire suite.. Figured since I already had it and all the programs were the 2.xx series, I might as well upgrade everything.. And it all worked way back when, so I thought it would be a good idea.

I did go ahead and uninstall.. (I use Revo Uninstaller).. re-boot, re-install and doesn't make any difference... As soon as I start RMC 3.11, I loose all Internet connectivity.. stopping and exiting the program make no difference, neither does shutting down the browser and re-starting it.. Only thing that works is RE-BOOTING the computer again.

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Please try to install v. 3.0.1 and let use know whether it works for you:
Download Replay Media Catcher (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php)

Joleca
09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Tried 3.01 and the same result.. Noticed something when I went to un-install 3.11.. file "gopher.dll" was locked an unable to uninstall.. Used "unlocker" on it and it showed the following processes (programs) as "in use" by Replay Media Catcher gopher.dll"

dwm.exe
taskeng.exe
IObit SmartDefrag.exe
WinPatrol.exe
pctsTray.exe
ipoint.exe
itype.exe
networx.exe
Weather.exe
Sup_SmartRam.exe
sidebar.exe
devices.exe
USBSafelyREmove.exe
ADrive Desktop.exe
TrayIt!.exe
sidebar.exe
taskmgr.exe
WINWORD>EXE
FLVSrvc.exe
psi.exe
firefox.exe
iexplore.exe

and all other installed browsers (chrome, maxthon, srw iron)

looks like this particular ".dll" file is pretty much locking up the entire computer and any possible internet access..

Downloaded and installed the SDA beta 7.0.0.505, and having the same problem... still showed all of the above programs "locked" with no internet access.. Found an earlier post in the forum that mentioned a group of programs that RMC doesn't "play nice" with.. and said to temporarily disable when using RMC.. One of the programs mentioned is "Threatfire".. this is actually an integral service of SDA (Spyware Doctor/Anti-Virus) and cannot be temporarily disabled.. The only way to stop this service (which supports a major part of the programs protections), is to boot into SAFE MODE, access SERVICES and permanently disable (access to the service is blocked outside of safe mode... you can't stop or disable).. Then Re-Boot the computer with your Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware severely disabled and virtually non-functional and then RMC works and allows Internet access.

This is not a viable or working solution... Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware programs are meant to protect your computer.. and the only way to get any version of RMC over 2.4 to work is to completely and permanently cripple your computer's defenses. And suggesting once you find something you might want to record, bookmarking it, re-booting into Safe Mode, disabling your protections, re-booting, re-accessing the web site to record the media, getting out of the internet, re-booting again into SAFE MODE, re-enabling your protections and then re-booting and running a full computer scan to eliminate any malware/viruses you may have picked up while all your protection was disabled (which takes several hours to ful a FULL scan), this is not a viable option...

Right now you have a very very unhappy disgruntled customer... Version 2.4 worked to a point... there were many sites it didn't acknowledge as having playable media to "catch", but it never locked up or blocked internet access... Very NOT happy to have paid $79 for a software suite upgrade that is only usable if I completely cripple all of my computer's defenses.

carlobee
09-29-2009, 07:26 PM
wow. that's really an expensive upgrade. by the way, probably some programs cause that one. it's good you sent a ticket. they probably know best about those programs that can interfere your internet connection.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Tried 3.01 and the same result.. Noticed something when I went to un-install 3.11.. file "gopher.dll" was locked an unable to uninstall.. Used "unlocker" on it and it showed the following processes (programs) as "in use" by Replay Media Catcher gopher.dll"

dwm.exe
taskeng.exe
IObit SmartDefrag.exe
WinPatrol.exe
pctsTray.exe
ipoint.exe
itype.exe
networx.exe
Weather.exe
Sup_SmartRam.exe
sidebar.exe
devices.exe
USBSafelyREmove.exe
ADrive Desktop.exe
TrayIt!.exe
sidebar.exe
taskmgr.exe
WINWORD>EXE
FLVSrvc.exe
psi.exe
firefox.exe
iexplore.exe

and all other installed browsers (chrome, maxthon, srw iron)

looks like this particular ".dll" file is pretty much locking up the entire computer and any possible internet access..

When gopher.dll is locked, you can just reboot your computer. It is recommended to reboot your computer after uninstalling RMC.

Downloaded and installed the SDA beta 7.0.0.505, and having the same problem... still showed all of the above programs "locked" with no internet access.. Found an earlier post in the forum that mentioned a group of programs that RMC doesn't "play nice" with.. and said to temporarily disable when using RMC.. One of the programs mentioned is "Threatfire".. this is actually an integral service of SDA (Spyware Doctor/Anti-Virus) and cannot be temporarily disabled.. The only way to stop this service (which supports a major part of the programs protections), is to boot into SAFE MODE, access SERVICES and permanently disable (access to the service is blocked outside of safe mode... you can't stop or disable).. Then Re-Boot the computer with your Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware severely disabled and virtually non-functional and then RMC works and allows Internet access.

This is not a viable or working solution... Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware programs are meant to protect your computer.. and the only way to get any version of RMC over 2.4 to work is to completely and permanently cripple your computer's defenses. And suggesting once you find something you might want to record, bookmarking it, re-booting into Safe Mode, disabling your protections, re-booting, re-accessing the web site to record the media, getting out of the internet, re-booting again into SAFE MODE, re-enabling your protections and then re-booting and running a full computer scan to eliminate any malware/viruses you may have picked up while all your protection was disabled (which takes several hours to ful a FULL scan), this is not a viable option...

Right now you have a very very unhappy disgruntled customer... Version 2.4 worked to a point... there were many sites it didn't acknowledge as having playable media to "catch", but it never locked up or blocked internet access... Very NOT happy to have paid $79 for a software suite upgrade that is only usable if I completely cripple all of my computer's defenses.
It is really interesting that you are a disgruntled customer of Applian Suite and a happy customer of SDA. Applian offers a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee, so there is nothing to worry about.

As for SDA, could you please show me any positive reviews about it from respected web-sites? There are lots of anti-spyware programs on the market. Their "marketing" is marvelous, because there are no any other reasons to buy such programs especially if you have a reliable antivirus and firewall.

I haven't seen any conflicts with Kaspersky, Nod32, Symantec, F-Secure, Avira, Avast,... Although there were conflicts reported with ZoneAlarm, CA Anti-Spyware Utility, Comodo.

I know this is frustrating, but don't waste your money purchasing "mighty" anti-spyware programs, get a reliable antivirus instead. Or even better switch to Linux and forget about buying antiviruses, firewalls. Windows architecture makes Windows itself a big big flaw; installing anti-viruses and firewalls makes your computer slower, but doesn't prevent many threats.