PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media CAtcher 3.11 causes "The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000005)" error

Beachcomber
09-27-2009, 08:31 AM
I have been using Applian products for several years with no problem.

Yesterday I updated Replay Media Catcher to version 3.11 and afterwards I got the following error message when trying to open certain programs (see below)

"The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000005)"

I tried several remedies but this problem was only resolved when I thought of uninstalling RMC 3.11. I haven't tried reinstalling it yet. I thought I would ask here first.

The programs affected were Logitech Itouch, 3D MP3 Stand alone sound recorder, AVG user interface (not the program), Sipgate (Voip) program. There may have been others.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

Is there any possibility of reverting the the previous version of this program which gave me no trouble?

carlobee
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
There seems to be a problem there. let's wait for them to be able to read this. I know they will look on to this issue as soon as possible.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

jslaff
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Had the same error message. This is definitely a problem with RMC 3.11. I had it with Haupauge's WinTV. Uninstalled it and reinstalled a previous version 3.00, and WinTV works.

Also had the problem with RAV 8.60 blocking iTunes 9.01 from starting.

Beachcomber
09-29-2009, 03:10 AM
Are previous versions available on the web site or did you just happen to have the .exe file for RMC 3.0 stored on your computer?

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2009, 04:44 AM
Are previous versions available on the web site or did you just happen to have the .exe file for RMC 3.0 stored on your computer?
Download Replay Media Catcher (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php)

Beachcomber
09-29-2009, 04:48 AM
That's great, many thanks. I really would like the new version if the problem I am experiencing can be resolved.

Edit:

Just to confirm that I have re-installed version 3.01 and I do not now have the problem as detailed above.

jslaff
10-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Has there been any progress is solving this? I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled all my Applian programs, cleaned out their folders and deleted their remaining registry keys. rebooted a few times during the process. Reinstalled all, including RMC 3.11, and still could not initialize some programs. Uninstalled RMC 3.11, rebooted, installed RMC 3.01, and the problems went away.

Tasha Heinlein
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Please open a support ticket so that I can get more info from you.

Tasha Heinlein
10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
What Operating System do you guys have? The developer is looking into this. We have been unable to duplicate the issue while testing so we need as much info as possible to try and find some common denominators with those that are experiencing this error. Thank you!

stream-recorder.com
10-12-2009, 11:39 PM
One of the OSes:

The programs affected were Logitech Itouch, 3D MP3 Stand alone sound recorder, AVG user interface (not the program), Sipgate (Voip) program. There may have been others.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

Tasha Heinlein
10-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes - I need the Operating Systems from the people who HAVEN'T already posted them. Thanks ;)

jslaff
10-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Win XP Professional, SP3

Beachcomber
10-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Please open a support ticket so that I can get more info from you.
I did this and just got a reply from you to the the effect that the issue could not be duplicated and would be passed on to the developer

I wasn't very impressed with the response especially as it seems other users are having the same problem but didn't like to say so. I am still having to use an older version of the program.

Beachcomber
10-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Is there any progress on resolving this issue?

jslaff
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure what including a link to this thread does--the issue is not resolved yet. Will file a support ticket, but others have with no fixes.

Tasha Heinlein
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
We have been able to pinpoint this as a conflict on certain XP systems with the flvsrvc.exe. If you end this process in the Task Manager it should clear this error. The process will restart if you reboot your computer or if you use the Video History function and then you would need to end it again. We have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause yet as this does not happen on every XP system. I referred you to this link as a way of keeping all discussion of this matter on one thread. Thank you.