PDA

View Full Version : I can connect with Internet Explorer but can not Record anything with RMC

gijoecowboy
09-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I can connect with Internet Explorer but can not Record anything. I even receive a message saying RMC will not work with Internet Explorer. That I need to another Internet program. I can record if I log into FireFox. Why can I record with FireFox but not Internet Explorer.

Thanks

:confused:

Tasha Heinlein
09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Media Catcher shouldn't give any such error. If you have Vista and are using Internet Explorer try this:

Close your browser
Open Media Catcher and click "Start recording". In the upper left corner, click "Record" and choose "Launch Default Browser". Now you should be able to capture as you navigate.

bucknerwh
09-16-2009, 08:14 AM
You can still use Internet Explorer. You just need to start RMC first, start recording, and then open the browser from within RMC (as Tasha Heinlein mentions above). It's kind of like asking IE for permission before it starts, which is not necessary for other browsers.

Don't worry, Applian isn't trying to force you to use other browsers if you don't want to. If you like IE, then use it.

It _sort_ of looks like an error box, but it's actually just a dialogue reminding you to use RMC to open Internet Explorer first (assuming that is your default browser. It might not be...). I didn't read the dialogue box carefully the first time. Of course I clicked the box telling me not to display it again, so I was pleasantly surprised (several months) later to see I could use IE after all, if I wanted to. And so can you.

carlobee
09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
^^ that's the reason why i do not prefer using IE for it. :)

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg