PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to record from Fabchannel

museradio
07-30-2008, 06:35 AM
It was always possible to record from the Fabchannel with a great picture quality. But Mediacatcher don't catch the stream anyhmore, I think because of the new version of the Flash Mediaplayer.
I'm really frustrated about htis and tried everything. But nothing helped.
Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Maybe updating the software????

Andy Heinlein
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Hello..

Fabchannel is a tad tricky.

1) Make sure you have the newer Media Catcher 3.0 (located here (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php))
2) When you get to the page you want to record from, you will find embed HTML code at the bottom of fabchannel. Copy that to the clipboard.
3) Open windows Notepad and paste it in there then save as .HTML (not .TXT) to your desktop.
4) Open Media Catcher, hit Record and then double-click on the new HTML file that is on your desktop and it will record it. You can now delete the HTML file.

I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but really it's not once you try it out. The reason you have to do this is because Fabchannel has a lot of stuff going on (ads, garbage on the screen) and Media Catcher has a hard time picking out the stream from the rest of the garbage. Doing it this way removes all the garbage from the page and, as a result, Media Catcher has no problem picking up the stream.

I hope that helps...
-andy.

museradio
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I tried it on a different and easier way as discribed above.
I added the embed Fabchannel player to my Hyves site. Just start the player and he easily catch the flv file. This didn't work on the Fabchannel site.
Is it already possible to buy the new beta version?

Andy Heinlein
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
yes.. if you already own Media Catcher, your old code will work -- It's a free update. .

-andy.

Leslie Bee
08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Post title edited by Admin on 8/5/208 – issue resolved with software update