PDA

View Full Version : Only title displayed

gwallen4
09-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Windows XP Home SP3
Fresh Install of RM 3.75

Songs are recognized but only the song title is displayed - not the artist, album or genre. Album is always listed as Replay Music 2009-09-05.

I uninstalled RM before reinstalling, but uninstall doesn't seem complete. There is the message that RM has been successfully uninstalled, but the registration code and file destination are retained, so obviously the uninstall is not complete.

Cheryl Wester
09-05-2009, 10:24 AM
The activation code is in your registry and that is why it is not asking for it. When you select Start Recording a dialog box comes up. Make sure that it is not checked to name all as Replay Music. Also, make sure you are using our latest version of the account.

gwallen4
09-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks Cheryl

Settings in the "Start Recording Session" dialogue box:

Artist: (blank)
Always tag with Artist box: (unchecked)
Album: Replay Music 2009-09-05
Always tag with Album box: (unchecked)
Genre: (blank)
Always tag with Genre box: (unchecked)
Directory Format: (\%a)
Remaining entries: (all blank)

Still no display of artist, album or genre.

The reason I mentioned the incomplete uninstall is that there seems to be some setting that's being retained that prevents display and tagging of the file's artist, album and genre- maybe a registry setting?

Gary

gwallen4
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
OK. I fixed it by editing the Replay registry settings.

The following settings were set to 1 (one):
AlwaysUseDefaultAlbum
AlwaysUseDefaultArtist
AlwaysUseDefaultGenre

Setting the values to 0 (zero) solved the problem.

It seems like the uninstall program should delete those registry values or that the installation program should overwrite those settings. But what do I know

Gary

Cheryl Wester
09-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for letting us know this. I will pass it on to the developer.

gwallen4
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks Cheryl.

There may be a bug in RM that wrote the 1 values to the registry. I don't think it was something I did since I never mess with the default settings.

Gary