PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher crashes while recording

jbraun
09-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi. I'm in a trial mode, using a new PC with Vista Premium. I checked the settings found in faq suggested for general crashes and no luck. The videos start to record (sometimes for a few minutes) and then it crashes. Can someone please help? Thanks

Tasha Heinlein
09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
What version of the program are you using?

carlobee
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
have you tried reinstalling it?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

jbraun
09-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry for the delay. It's 3.02. I have not tried re-installing it yet.

jbraun
09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I just tried re-installing it and it crashed right away.

stream-recorder.com
09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
You may need to add other Internet applications to the exception list of RMC:
Tools -> Settings -> Advanced

Some more tips can be found in the following thread:
Media Catcher 3.01 locks up my browsers

jbraun
09-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks, but it's actually not a problem with the browser. RMC keeps crashing while the Internet connections stays fine. Any other suggestions? Thanks

stream-recorder.com
09-05-2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks, but it's actually not a problem with the browser. RMC keeps crashing while the Internet connections stays fine. Any other suggestions?
RMC can crash when you use other Internet applications such BitTorrent, uTorrent, download managers (but usually after RMC crashes your browsers start freezing and they need to be re-started). You don't need to restart your web-browsers, do you?
What other Internet Applications do you use?
What anti-malware, anti-spyware, antivirus and firewall do you use?

Jonhansen
09-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm having this problem too, i start to download from BBC Iplayer and after a couple of minutes i get a message telling me that RMC has to close.

stream-recorder.com
09-21-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm having this problem too, i start to download from BBC Iplayer and after a couple of minutes i get a message telling me that RMC has to close.
What other Internet Applications do you use simultaneously with RMC?
What anti-malware, anti-spyware, antivirus and firewall do you use?

Jonhansen
09-21-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm using the Windows XP Firewall, Avast Free Anti Virus and apart from the Browser, no other applications. I closed everything down to verify that it wasn't a conflict somewhere.

It's happening when i use both IE8 and Firefox 3.5 to try and get the stream.

Thanks
Jonathan

stream-recorder.com
09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm using the Windows XP Firewall, Avast Free Anti Virus and apart from the Browser, no other applications. I closed everything down to verify that it wasn't a conflict somewhere.
Jonathan, so you tried to shut down Avast Antivirus and it didn't help, did it?

What version of flash player do you use? Try to update it to the latest version or download the 9th version if you use the latest one.

Tasha Heinlein
12-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Avast is not compatible with Media Catcher on most systems.

rcapson
04-18-2010, 02:05 AM
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and also added PCTools Spyware Doctor and Avast Home AV and reinstalled RMC. I had problems with Chrome crashing whenever I tried to record media. I shut down my Spyware Doctor and everything worked again. Hope this helps.

RSCreative
04-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest version of RMC and mine too crashes. See image. I am running XP with all the service packs and patches, Symantec EndPoint and of course I run my development software while recording. It seems to get through at least 4-5 songs and then crashes. I do not believe my development software (Dreamweaver) is crashing the software. I have the latest Flash as well.

http://www.rscreativeconsulting.com/RMC-crash.png

Havonasun
05-29-2010, 12:16 PM
I get the same thing with Replay Music. I also use Avast. Out of so many antivirus programs I have used, I am most impressed with Avast. I will not stop using it. Does anyone know why it doesn't work with Avast?

stream-recorder.com
05-30-2010, 01:09 AM
I get the same thing with Replay Music. I also use Avast. Out of so many antivirus programs I have used, I am most impressed with Avast. I will not stop using it. Does anyone know why it doesn't work with Avast?
Contact Avast and ask them to fix the problem.

p.s. Avast is just one of the antiviruses. I'm not impressed by it. May be because I have tried many other solutions including Kaspersky.

stream-recorder.com
05-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest version of RMC and mine too crashes. See image. I am running XP with all the service packs and patches, Symantec EndPoint and of course I run my development software while recording. It seems to get through at least 4-5 songs and then crashes. I do not believe my development software (Dreamweaver) is crashing the software. I have the latest Flash as well.
Do you use any applications from the following list?
https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?738-Replay-Meida-Catcher-locks-up-my-browsers&p=3241#post3241