PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for file tagging: Tag songs by window title of the source app for recording

mickeko
09-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I've been using replay music for a while now, it's an excellent piece of software. It's quite bad at tagging the audio I want to record though, so I have a suggestion that would save me alot of work.

It may have been requested before but here goes anyway:

Would be great to have optional file tagging by window title of the source app for recording. Most streaming players (including spotify) put artist and track in the window title. Would be really great if replay music could tag files according to that information. Shouldn't be too hard to implement?

Example: Spotify has the following format on the titlebar:

Spotify - Artist - Track

To use info from the title there could be a textbox to enter an expression, something like "Spotify - <ARTIST> - <TRACK>", where <ARTIST> and <TRACK> would be the text copied to the corresponding tag item.

Other than that, there's nothing else needed. Thanks for an awesome piece of software. Well worth every single penny. :)
:)

stream-recorder.com
09-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Great suggestion. Such templates can be updated by users faster. Besides they can be shared by the users. And this can probably be used to split songs in case of overlapping.

As for Spotify, could you please send several web-pages with sample titles (or just the titles)? The web-site has regional restrictions and can't be accessed from the U.S.

mickeko
09-19-2009, 04:26 AM
As for Spotify, could you please send several web-pages with sample titles (or just the titles)? The web-site has regional restrictions and can't be accessed from the U.S.

Spotify is not used from a website, it's a separate application. And as for the window title, it's always as I specified in my original post.

Spotify - Schiller - Heartbeat
Spotify - Michael Jackson - Thriller
Spotify - New Order - Blue Monday (Hardfloor mix)
Spotify - Madonna - Like a Virgin

Just like that. :)

psygn
09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
I support this idea, and I hope the developers at Applian say something about this.

Perhaps add a checkbox for 'Remove Application Name' when you do choose it to pull the information from the titlebar. Shouldn't be too hard to do :)

stream-recorder.com
09-22-2009, 11:10 PM
I think it is better to use templates that users can create. For example, for Spotify it will be "Spotify - %artist - %title".