PDA

View Full Version : Will PSP files play on a PS3?

chevymanar
09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I bought the replay media catcher and saved a streamed video. It worked great. I intend to view this file on my PS3, therefore I went to convert and seen that PS3 was not an option. I chose PSP since it was the closest thing to a PS3.

Can anyone tell me if this will work?

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
09-02-2009, 08:51 AM
The best thing to do is give it a try and see. I don't own one to check. If the codecs are the same it would work.

chevymanar
09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
The best thing to do is give it a try and see. I don't own one to check. If the codecs are the same it would work.

That is what I am going to do tonight. I just thought I would ask before going home and trying. I am taking an online course at my college and I don't have high speed internet at home. I am using this software to save the lectures at work so I can view them at home. I wanted to see if it would work so that I wouldn't have to go home then come back tomorrow to try something different.

I honestly think that I may not have to convert at all, the PS3 takes many different formats.

The different video formats that it takes are:

* Memory Stick Video Format
* - MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
* - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
* - MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
* MP4 file format
* - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
* MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
* MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
* MPEG-2 TS(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AC3(Dolby Digital), AAC LC)
* MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
* AVI
* - Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
* - Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
* AVCHD (.m2ts / .mts)
* DivX
* WMV
* - VC-1(WMA Standard V2)

Jeff Lenney
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I've got a ps3, but no psp so i'm not able to test this myself unfortunately.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes, please!

stream-recorder.com
09-03-2009, 12:07 AM
I've got a ps3, but no psp so i'm not able to test this myself unfortunately.
Jeff, you don't need PSP. You can try to convert files to psp format using Replay Media Catcher / Replay Converter and see whether you can play them on ps3.

That is what I am going to do tonight. I just thought I would ask before going home and trying. I am taking an online course at my college and I don't have high speed internet at home. I am using this software to save the lectures at work so I can view them at home. I wanted to see if it would work so that I wouldn't have to go home then come back tomorrow to try something different.
You can install RMC at home as to convert with it. AFAIK you don't even need to activate it to download from YouTube and to use a converter.

I suggest you to try the following profiles when converting with RMC:
- MPEG-4 same quality (.MP4)
- iPod/iPhone High Quality
- WMV same quality

chevymanar
09-03-2009, 05:18 AM
The PSP formatting worked great! It is pretty cool to attend class from my living room!!

chevymanar
09-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Jeff, you don't need PSP. You can try to convert files to psp format using Replay Media Catcher / Replay Converter and see whether you can play them on ps3.

You can install RMC at home as to convert with it. AFAIK you don't even need to activate it to download from YouTube and to use a converter.

I suggest you to try the following profiles when converting with RMC:
- MPEG-4 same quality (.MP4)
- iPod/iPhone High Quality
- WMV same quality

Can I install RMC at home and use the same activation code that I received when I purchased it? I already am using that code on my work PC.

stream-recorder.com
09-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Can I install RMC at home and use the same activation code that I received when I purchased it? I already am using that code on my work PC.
Yes, you can:
Can I have RMC on both of my computers?

stream-recorder.com
09-03-2009, 06:22 AM
The PSP formatting worked great! It is pretty cool to attend class from my living room!!
That's great, but I suggest you to try the profiles mentioned above as well. You may get better video quality with them (in case your source files have higher resolution than 320x240 used by PSP).

chevymanar
09-03-2009, 06:42 AM
That's great, but I suggest you to try the profiles mentioned above as well. You may get better video quality with them (in case your source files have higher resolution than 320x240 used by PSP).

Oh okay I will try that. My source files have pretty low resolution, but I will give it a shot to see.

Thanks

carlobee
09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
how is it . did it work?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

chevymanar
09-04-2009, 07:27 AM
I have not had a chance to test it yet. I am on a business trip right now and won't be back home until the end of next week. I will give it a try then.