PDA

View Full Version : Sophos false alarm about Infected files (Spyware Mal/Emogen-R)

johnl
09-01-2009, 03:39 AM
I have had problems with Replay Music3 and have so uninstalled and downloaded the latest version. I use Sophos anti virus sofyware. However, when I try to run the new download, I get an antivirus message that says "Spyware Mal/Emogen-R". The download is then quarantined and I can't use it. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. It happens every time I try to download the software

JohnL

stream-recorder.com
09-01-2009, 07:02 AM
I have had problems with Replay Music3 and have so uninstalled and downloaded the latest version. I use Sophos anti virus sofyware. However, when I try to run the new download, I get an antivirus message that says "Spyware Mal/Emogen-R". The download is then quarantined and I can't use it. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. It happens every time I try to download the software

JohnL
If you want to check your download for viruses, you may use virustotal.com. The service has 37 antiviruses.

You may disable your antivirus temporarily when you download/install/use antivirus. You should also notify Sophos about false alarms.