PDA

View Full Version : BSOD after synching iPod with iTunes

Hibbleton
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
I saved a couple of videos off of a website and successfully converted them to a format that can play on my iPod. A problem arose when i tried to synch my iPod with my iTunes. As soon as the videos finished synching, my computer froze and got the Blue Screen of Death. This is a brand new laptop running Vista. I don't know what caused this problem, but any help on how to avoid this in the future would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff Lenney
08-31-2009, 10:53 PM
What is the stop code from the BSOD? Can you write it down please and post it in the forum?

Better yet, if you don't mind submitting a ticket to technical support along with your log file (please do NOT post your log file here), we can look at the issue more closely for you and make some more persoanlized suggestions.

Thanks so much .

stream-recorder.com
08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
This problem has nothing to do with Applian products. Blame Apple and Microsoft for that ;)

Have you tried the latest version of iTunes? Is your Vista updated?

You may also try to

disconnect other USB devices
connect your iPod to a different USB port (or connect it directly to the PC if you use an external USB hub).
update drivers for your computer and peripherals

Hibbleton
09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
The problem seemed to resolve itself at the moment. I had uninstalled Replay Converter a couple of days ago and I re-installed it today and converted the same 5 videos again to the same format with no problem this time. I'm not sure what I did differently or why it worked this time. Hopefully the problem is permanently fixed but I will continue to monitor it to see if anything else happens in the future.

carlobee
09-23-2009, 07:17 PM
In that situation, I guess Applian products is out of the story.. the syncing only happens with itunes and your iPod.. so yeah. i agree with steam-recorder. the problem is either with Apple or Windows. :D

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg