PDA

View Full Version : RMC slows down my PCs, makes browsers to crash

tuneup
08-30-2009, 03:55 AM
Hello,

I downloaded the latest version of RMC. Now I try to test its demo mode, I don't use and I didn't use any illegally cracked version just the trial from applian.com!

On all my PCs with Vista or XP I discover the same problem: RMC slows down my system directly after it has started, the system is very 'lazy' and doesn't respond. Also I am not really able to capture streams from any source under any browser (IE 8, Firefox 3.5, Opera 9.6). Either the browser doesn't get internet connection (when RMC is in background, no matter if it is in recording mode or not) or RMC captures at least a few secondes of a stream and then the browser crashes. To make my system work properly again I have to close RMC and all open browsers usurpingly via the task manager.

Any ideas?

Tasha Heinlein
08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Usually reinstalling will clear this. If not, this is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
ZoneAlarm
CA Anti-Spyware Utility
Comodo
Vista Transformation Pack
Net Nanny
Threatfire

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.

stream-recorder.com
08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Media Catcher 3.01 locks up my browsers

carlobee
08-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Media Catcher 3.01 locks up my browsers

i've read this thread all over again. i don't know why some users still experience this kind of problem even though they cleared out their temp internet files and closed all those programs that might interfere with the running of Media Catcher. why is that so?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

tuneup
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Hello,

since I installed the new Opera 10 RMC works better for me. It still make browsers to crash sometimes, but now I am able to capture at least a few streams until Opera is crashed again by RMC (or Adobe Flash, no idea).

I have the latest version of Flash installed on my system. Not only Flash, but the complete Adobe Design Premium suite. Maybe it's not only Flash that interfere with RMC but the whole suite or other Adobe apps.