PDA

View Full Version : Converting flv to dvd searching for dvd burner

mark40511
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Question

I just downloaded 21 music videos (flv's), added them to the converter and followed the instructions to burn to a DVD. The problem I'm running into is AFTER all of the files are converted, the program keeps searching for the dvd burner. I have an external burner and this worked fine when I did the first test of only 2 videos. It took three hours to convert all of those videos and now I think I may have to do it all over again but I'm hesitant to since the program seems to "lock up" once it attempts to find the burner. I see a "refresh" button but it's shaded out and I'm unable to click it.

mark40511
08-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, I'm currently on the 2nd attempt. I added all 21 flv files back to the converter and chose burn to DVD. The last time I did this a pop up asked if I wanted to use my previous settings, I said yes. This time I said no, then I went through the burn wizard and it does see my dvd burner SO hopefully when it's ready to actually burn the converted files it will work :). Otherwise, the converter had NO problems converting any of the files whatsoever, so that's good.

mark40511
08-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Well

Unsuccessful. It converted all of them, found the burner, went through authoring the dvd, then started to burn and just stopped and didn't respond.

Jeff Lenney
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Hi Mark

21 Videos is quite a large #. How long is each video, what are the total file sizes AFTER the conversion but before the burn?

Also, what version of Replay Converter are you using?

Looking forward to your response :)

mark40511
08-30-2009, 02:21 PM
The very latest version. I downloaded/upgraded recently.These 21 files averaged about 3:30 min's each. I don't know how to tell how large the files were after they are converted. I also tried lowering it to 10 flv's, that still didn't work, it did the same thing, converted everything fine, then found the burner, authored the dvd, then says burning image but stays at zero percent, I can hear the dvd burner respond at first, but doesn't ever progress and I end up having to task manager end process to get out of it and lose everything. When I do task manager out, it says "replay converter" not responding. I am not using the computer to surf during this process, I don't have multiple programs running. I've rebooted, defragged, spyware check, virus up to date windows xp sp3. My computer isn't a sluggish computer at all but this program does seem to lock the computer up even after I task manger out. That said, I did successfully burn 2 flv's to dvd on my first test burn, but I was hoping to get more than 7 minutes on a dvd. I sent a ticket with log files but haven't heard anything back.

mark40511
08-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Well, I just used a new laptop that I recently purchased to try to burn 10 flv's and the EXACT same thing is happening on that computer. I used the same external dvd burner though. Neither of my laptops has a dvd/rwso that is my reason for using the external dvd burner

Cheryl Wester
08-31-2009, 01:23 PM
What kind of DVD Burner is it. If you still have an issue please contact tech support and send in your burn log in addition to the brand of burner.

mark40511
09-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Its a Memorex, I believe it's made by lite-on. Quite honestly, its about three years old but I've successfully used it with many other programs without fail. I submitted a ticket with log files this past Saturday, waiting to hear back. :) thanks