PDA

View Full Version : Record from Windows XP or Vista Media Center

sawoobley
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I know you are already aware of the compatibility issues between Windows Media Center and Replay Video Capture. However, I think the biggest improvement that can be made is to make Replay Video Capture so it can run on computers that have media center on them. Currently, media center hogs all the resources of the tv tuner and causes error messages to pop-up every 30 seconds when replay video capture is installed. It would also be useful to be able to record movies playing in windows media center. This helps us in converting our very old VHS tapes that are no longer available for purchase to DVD.

An alternative is to make the program completely compatible with macintosh computers that way we can completely avoid the problems given to us by microsoft.

A last resort would be to find a work around. Is there some way we can connect our VCR's to our PC's and record video while media center is disabled? Is there any solution? Please help? We are desperate?

Unfortunately my desktop and my laptop are HP media center XP and Vista. Had I know before I bought the computer that they were going to cause me this much grief I would have avoided them all together and found another way to watch TV and play videos. I do have access to several different mac's also.

Cheryl Wester
08-25-2009, 07:24 AM
If you have a Media Center system and are not using the TV Tuner, etc. the system does work without a problem. I have Video capture installed on the computer, several of them, but don't use the media center portion and thus all works fine.

If there is a workaround the developer will be working on it-we would also like this resolved.