PDA

View Full Version : Recording file vanished

SergSlim
08-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Hello. Today I tried to record a live webstream.
While recording it I also tried to watch it in browser and it was buffering or disappearing very often, so I decided to check if the same thing is in the recording. I copied the temp file and added .flv to it.
Opened it and it worked perfectly, so I continued to record and watch the show.

After the end of it I pressed stop and save, and it told me that "Unable to save RTMP stream in proper format! Does the file already exist in storage directory?"

Temp file disappeared, and it was somewhere near 500 MB in size...
Can I somehow recover it now? It was on disc D in folder My Documents/My Recordings. But not any recovering software could find it.

carlobee
08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
i really don't know about this case but does it have something to do with your copying the temp file?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

SergSlim
08-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Probably YES.
I'm quite sure that it was the reason.

Tasha Heinlein
08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Did you delete the tmp file?

SergSlim
08-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Nope.
I just pressed Stop and save, got an error message and went to the folder where it should've been and saw nothing except the file that I copied before (first few songs of the live broadcast, already renamed by me), but there was no 500 MB temp file already.

Tasha Heinlein
08-25-2009, 06:13 AM
You should delete that first file that you made if it is a clip from the same video.

SergSlim
08-25-2009, 12:06 PM
You should delete that first file that you made if it is a clip from the same video.

I moved it to another disk already, because it's all that left of the recording. At least something.