PDA

View Full Version : Quick Capture Suit installer doesn't work

johnain
08-15-2009, 05:59 AM
My Replay Musuc 3 just will not record. So I decided to see if there were upgrades for the capture suit.

I was delighted, there were lots. And to please me even more there is a quick installer.

That was four hours ago! The quick installer doesn't work. After the fisrst install it will not do any more because it says files are in use.

I have to close it after 1, LOG OFF, and then log on again to do the next.

Unimpressed.:mad:

Cheryl Wester
08-15-2009, 06:39 PM
This is not the norm at all. I just tested it and it worked fine for me. Perhaps you have a firewall or anti virus that blocked it. You are able to install the programs on an individual basis if you need to.

johnain
08-16-2009, 01:58 AM
This is not the norm at all. I just tested it and it worked fine for me. Perhaps you have a firewall or anti virus that blocked it. You are able to install the programs on an individual basis if you need to.

Thanks Cheryl. I have tried that today. I am still getting the same sort of issues with (for example) AV8. I DO accept that this is the dreaded Vista Ultimate. However when I try to install this I get ...

"The following file is in use and cannot be updated:
C:\Program Files\Replay Converter 3\FLVSplitter.ax

Close all other applications and choose retry. Choose cancel to install this file on reboot? "

Also ...

"The following file is in use and cannot be updated:
C:\Program Files\Replay Converter 3\mkzlib.dll

Close all other applications and choose retry. Choose cancel to install this file on reboot? "

Then same again with mkunicode.dll

Then same again with MP4Splitter.dll

Then same again with AMRDecoder.dll

... and so on with lots of other files. None of them show up in task manager.

... and this is the message that I keep on getting (with a whole series of other file names) at different stages of the install procedures for the various components. So in practice I simply cannot install the products that I need to use.

No other applications are running.

And all of this is before I find out whether Replay Music will now record for me.

If you can help I will be grateful.:)