PDA

View Full Version : Video freezes after 25 min

chadg
08-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm capturing off a DVD in a media center window under windows 7 RTM. I captured about an hour of video. Everythng works just fine until about the 25 minute mark. Then the screen freezes and I continue to get audio, but it is frozen on a particular frame. I can zoom all the way to the end and hear the sound until the closing credits all on that same video frame though.

I've tried different bit rates as well as Media 9 and mpg formats. I know that Win7 is probably not supported, but..... any help here?

Thanks,

Chad.

Cheryl Wester
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't know what you are using for a computer but the program is very power intensive and works best with newer computers with a lot of RAM. Please reboot your system and then try the capture again. If you continue to have an issue let us know what the link is you are trying to capture.

chadg
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM
I did reboot many times. It is a dual core cpu with 4 gigs of ram. I'm running 32 bit OS though. I can't give you a link, because like I said, I'm capturring a DVD playing in Media Center.

stream-recorder.com
08-18-2009, 10:48 PM
I wonder whether your Windows getting into sleep mode after 25 minutes and whether it can be related.
Also have you tried recording from alternative players like freeware VLC?

chadg
08-19-2009, 04:46 AM
definiatly not going to sleep, I was there... I'll try another player, but not sure what that hs to do with it....

carlobee
08-27-2009, 06:29 PM
yes. try VLC media player. it is much better. I personally use and prefer it.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg