PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Get RMC to work with IE :(

crocdundy
08-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I have only been able to get a recording of youtube off of Firefox, but firefox is so rediculously slow (5-10min a page) that its not even worthwhile using it. I haven't been able to get any captures off IE, even on the same Youtube video, which is near instant page loads and can get to videos quite fast as well.

Is there something holding back IE or does IE just not work with RMC?
Is there an optimal browser for RMC? (I am fed up with Firefox Ive used it for ~ 1 year on another computer as well and its terribly slow)

I am on a brand new computer without any side-affects that are affecting speed so I am 99% sure it has nothing to do with the setting but have yet to figure out how to get fast recordings off any browser.

Thanks for your time

carlobee
08-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Does it have something to do with your internet service provider and its speed? Personally, I think firefox is much faster than IE so technically if you have done it with IE, you could have done it with firefox too.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Tasha Heinlein
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
If you have Vista and are using Internet Explorer try this:

Close your browser
Open Media Catcher and click "Start recording". In the upper left corner, click "Record" and choose "Launch Default Browser". Now you should be able to capture as you navigate.

crocdundy
08-20-2009, 03:14 AM
ya I have just tried what you suggested by opening the default browser via the menu but it still doesnt seem to work. I have tried loading youtube videos on I.E. and it doesn't pick up recording but will if using Firefox.
Its not too big of a problem but with my connection Firefox makes it very tough to use.
Thanks for your replies and effort helping :D