PDA

View Full Version : Browser Hoses with Media Catcher

AlmostThere
07-23-2008, 02:43 AM
I bought the AV8 package about a year or so, ago. Don't recall exactly. I had a problem with Media Catcher from the beginning. I worked with tech support but was never able to resolve it with them.

If I had Media Catcher open before starting my browser, (Firefox or IE), when I did start the browser I wouldn't navigate to my home page. No page would display. Even if I stopped Media Catcher, my browser would be hosed until I restarted the browser. Without Media Catcher running my browsers work fine.

If I had my browser open before starting Media Catcher, once I opened Media Catcher I wouldn't be able to navigate away from the page I was on when I started Media Catcher.

There was a period of a few months where if I had multiple tabs/windoes open when I started Media Catcher, I would actually be able to navigate to other pages in my browser and even capture video with Media Catch. That no longer works. I'm back to the browser being totally inoperable when Media Catcher is running.

Any chance anyone has seen this and might have a fix?

Tasha Heinlein
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi,
First I want to make sure you are running the latest version of Media Catcher. Open Media Catcher click help - about, the version number should be 2.30
Are you running Ad-Muncher, or a similar program? This program usually causes interference when Media Catcher is running and will cause your browser to crash. You are not able to ad this to the ignore list in Media Catcher so it is necessary to close that program when using Media Catcher.

AlmostThere
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi,
First I want to make sure you are running the latest version of Media Catcher. Open Media Catcher click help - about, the version number should be 2.30
Are you running Ad-Muncher, or a similar program? This program usually causes interference when Media Catcher is running and will cause your browser to crash. You are not able to ad this to the ignore list in Media Catcher so it is necessary to close that program when using Media Catcher.
Some PROGRESS!
First: My version of Media Catcher (a.k.a. M.C.) is 2.30.00.00
Firefox 3.0.1
IE 7.0.5730.11

In IE, a pop-up blocker was enabled and when I disabled the IE pop-up blocker:
If I have IE started before starting M.C. , after starting M.C., I can navigate to other pages/sites and there capture video.

If I start M.C. and begin recording before starting IE, I get a message that the page cannot be displayed when I attempt to start IE. A side note: If I click the Diagnose Connection Problems link on this page, I'm told there are no problems with my Internet connection.

In Firefox, I go to Tools/Options/Content. I uncheck Block Pop-up Windows and click OK. I turn around and open Tools/Options/Content again and Block Pop-up Windows is again checked. I can't figure out what is causing this yet. At any rate, there is no change when using Firefox and Media Center.

Jeff Lenney
07-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Moving this thread from 'general' to 'Replay Media Catcher'