PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions: Software to record any Silverlight videos

oldwilli
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Apologies if these questions have already been addressed elsewhere but it's in the wee hours here and I'm getting frustrated with trying to capture some video.

I purchased the suite back in 2007 for a specific project and haven't used it since. In the meantime my registration keys have expired so I'm trying the demos to see what application I really need but I haven't been able to successfully cature anything yet after several hours of attempts.

I want to record the online TV show episodes provided by the networks in Canada. I tried both Replay A/v and Media Capture. Media Capture sees the advertising preceeding each clip and then stops. Replay AV says it's recording but stops after a few seconds with nothing actually recorded.

Since the clips are preceeded by ads from ads.doubleclick.net, could this be preventing the recording from working?

Also, what would be the best app for this? I don't capture music or YouTube stuff so I don't want to pay for the whole suite again if only one app is required.

Thanks much! ......willi

davegl
08-10-2009, 06:35 AM
I use media capture for the global tv online videos. I do not have any issues. Although you have to wait for the ad to finish, then the show will start to capture.

Some of the shows are split into parts so you have to sit through a 15 to 30 second ad for every segment.
When you have captured all segments, just delete the adds. Then you can combine the segments and/or convert to a different format.

If you are trying another site, let me know, and I will try it out for you, but it does word flawlessly with Global TV.

oldwilli
08-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks, Dave. My main interest right now is CTV to get 'Defying Gravity' and they're using Silverlight. I'll try Global later - I believe they are just using Flash. Is that right?

......willi

Tasha Heinlein
08-10-2009, 07:22 AM
You would need to use Replay Video Capture to record any Silverlight videos.

Tom Mayes
08-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi Willi,

As an existing Suite owner, you are able to upgrade existing or new products within the Suite. This would include Replay AV ( which includes the latest version of Replay Converter ), Replay Media Catcher and the newest program, Replay Video Capture. You can purchase the 3 in 1 upgrade option or any single program as an upgrade option. Check out all the upgrade options here: http://www.applian.com/upgrade.php

Regards,

Tom Mayes

oldwilli
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Tasha, thanks a bunch! Knowing exactly which app to use will save a lot of testing time.

Tom, that link takes me to an upgrade page for Video Padlock which doesn't help me with the suite or application upgrades. Is there an alternate link that would be more appropriate?

Thanks all! ......willi

Tom Mayes
08-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi Willi,

The Upgrade page will offer all of the latest upgrade options. You mentioned you had purchased the Suite in '07. If so, then you are entitled to upgrade to Replay Video Capture for $9.95. This is offered on the Upgrade page. Send me a message on [email protected] and include your Suite registration code as well as the e-mail address you used when purchasing so that I can look up your registration information in our system.

Tom.

davegl
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes global uses flash.
Have never tried to record CTV. But if they use silverlight...try uninstalling it. Some sites, if you delete silverlight, the content will play in windows media format. Although, I think they might have upgraded it so you cannot do that anymore. I am going to try it out tonight.

While Replay Video Capture is a great product, we watch most or our TV through our PC, or kids fooling around on it. It is just not as convinient to use.

Thanks, Dave. My main interest right now is CTV to get 'Defying Gravity' and they're using Silverlight. I'll try Global later - I believe they are just using Flash. Is that right?

......willi