PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V doesn't wake PC from standby

ckleiss
08-09-2009, 09:49 AM
One of the great things about Replay Radio was that it would wake a PC up from standby when time to record. I don't see where Replay A/V does that. At least it hasn't for me. Why the loss of function in Replay A/V? Heck, I started using Replay Radio as a wakeup utility for other purposes.

Cheryl Wester
08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
It should wake your computer up to do a recording as long as you do not have a password set up for it to wake up. If it isn't let us know in tech support.

carlobee
08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
what does it mean when it does not wake up. you mean you could not get your PC back to working when running Replay A/V? like you could not get your Windows to run back?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

coughline
10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Can an Applian employee please confirm that Replay AV 8.61 will wake my computer from standby mode in order to record streaming radio? I do not have any password protection set to recover from standby mode. My recordings will occur on my home PC while I'm at work.

I want to make sure before I spend $50.

Thanks.

stream-recorder.com
10-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Can an Applian employee please confirm that Replay AV 8.61 will wake my computer from standby mode in order to record streaming radio? I do not have any password protection set to recover from standby mode. My recordings will occur on my home PC while I'm at work.

I want to make sure before I spend $50.
You can download a demo version and test whether it will be able to wake up your computer.

Cheryl Wester
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
There are some systems where it won't open up from standby but that is defnitely not the norm. That is a windows issue and has nothing do with our program. The best thing you can do is give the demo a try and see if it meets your needs.

Phreaker47
12-27-2009, 05:33 PM
I ran into this problem when trying to start using S3 standby on my system. In my case, Replay A/V does not wake up the system on its own, nor does it keep the system awake while it is recording if the system decides it is time to go back to standby.

Solution: create a Scheduled Task that wakes up the system just prior to, and throughout the duration of, the Replay A/V scheduled recordings.

Here's how I did it. You must specify a program to run when creating a scheduled task, so we'll create a simple one:

1) Open Notepad, and simply enter "pause" (without quotes). Choose file>save as, change "save as type" to "all files", then select a location and call the file something like "wakeup.bat" (as long as it is a .bat). Test the file by opening it. A command prompt should open and it should say "press any key to continue...". Close it. It is important that this is the command used because it must be something that stays open indefinitely without user intervention.

2) Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Scheduled Tasks
3) Click "Add Scheduled Task", click Next
4) On the next screen, click "Browse", navigate to and select your "wakeup.bat" file
5) For "perform this task", choose the appropriate button. For this example I am setting it up to record Howard Stern, Monday through Thursday, every week between 3AM-9AM Pacific time. For this I choose "Weekly".
6) Set the start time for two minutes before your recording will start. In my case that is 2:58 AM. Leave it at "Every 1 weeks", and click Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs (or whatever applies to you.)
7) On the next screen you can enter your logon name and password
8) On the last screen check the box for "Open advanced properties" and then click Finish.
9) On the "task" tab of advanced properties, check "Run only if logged on" (this will make the logon credentials unnecessary) and leave "Enabled" checked.
10) Now the final crucial settings: on the "Settings" tab, two things must be done: Leave "Stop this task if it runs for..." enabled, but change the duration to the amount of time your recording runs, plus a couple extra minutes. In my case, I changed this to 6 hours, 7 minutes. The 7 minutes accounts for the 2 minute head start, and 5 extra minutes after the recording stops to make sure Replay Converter can finish processing the last file. Your PC will go back to sleep after terminating the task.
11) Finally, check "Wake the computer to run this task", click OK, and you are done! Any other setting I didn't mention can be left at default.

The computer will wake up two minutes before your recording, will stay awake while waiting for a key to get pressed (which never happens), then terminate the task and put your PC back to sleep after Replay A/V is done.

One other thing: in your power management settings, make sure the option on the advanced tab to require password on standby resume is disabled.