PDA

View Full Version : Converting BBC iPlayer FLV file

Robin Edwards
08-09-2009, 03:57 AM
I've successfully garbed a couple of FLV files from the BBC iPlayer website. I've tried converting these with several conversation programs but all have failed, mostly with out-of-sync audio. Has anyone else had success?

carlobee
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
you mean you converted it using several other programs already?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Robin Edwards
08-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I mean I've tried several converters on the source file. The only one I found that worked is Moyea FLV to Video Converter Pro 2.

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Submit a support ticket and upload the file if possible so that the developer can try to fix the problem

Tasha Heinlein
08-11-2009, 11:40 AM
We are unable to convert files from the BBC with Media Catcher or Replay Converter. We are looking into this.

castalla
08-14-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm suddenly having problems converting BBC flv files with MC - the format of the BBC files seems to have changed. I used to use another program which shows the video details (fps, etc.) - this info is no longer captured and the convertor locks up. MC convertor tries to convert but also locks up just short of the file end.

castalla
08-14-2009, 07:57 AM
I've narrowed this problem down a bit - RMC can no longer convert the BBC flv file into 'TV same quality format'. All recent attempts lock up the program short of the final frames.

It can still convert to WMA.

castalla
08-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Well, WMV format is no good as my media player won't accept it. I have found that my usual convertor program can convert this to Divx avi. So, it's a double conversion process now - flv to wmv to avi.

Can you investigate this new problem with BBC flvs please?

castalla
08-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Well - this is frustrating the final conversion audio is out of sync. !!!