PDA

View Full Version : "PING" sound at every tag edit!

IkeA
08-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Am I doing something wrong in RM 3.51 that causes a loud "PING" to anounce the click on any of the recorded songs? This annoying "PING" also sounds when I click on any of the buttons in the UI. If I play the music at enjoyable sound levels and forget to turn the volume down, this "PING" is bone jarring. Maybe this "PING" annoys me more now when RM misses so many tags or gets them totally wrong?

BTW should I refrain from supplying the artist and album info before every recording session? RM obviously ignores the supplied info anyway! Why can't this info be used in the database search?

Who owns this "PING" problem? MS Vista or Applian RM?
I guess I could turn off all system sounds but that would complicate life for the "non recording" times when I need to hear the system sounds...

Any easier solutions?

Cheryl Wester
08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Please update to our latest version of Music. It is a free update and offers a lot of improvements and tags great as well. I personally don't include the title of the record, etc. but that is a matter of personal choice. Also, the ping is to assist our blind users in using the program. Thanks.

maxrenn
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Does that ping thing appear on the recordings ?

abigbear
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
The ping sound is still there in 3.72 and is annoying.

I acknowlege your statement that this is for people with bad eyes but since most people do not have that problem, maybe you could make Ping an option to turn on or off somewhere in the settings?

The ping is not recorded, it's just a ping once you select something for edit (just like an error signal, which is why it's annoying since I didn't do anything wrong).

Regards

Bjorn