PDA

View Full Version : CBS Radio's New Player

lhandlin
07-19-2008, 07:57 PM
CBS has now changed it's player making it harder to find the actual stream. Has anyone found the underlying stream url for any of the stations? If so please share, or if anyone from Applian has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The software keeps getting better--but so do the streaming stations...

Tom Mayes
07-20-2008, 08:45 AM
The CBS Streamtheworld Player is designed so that one cannot use their underlying URL to record the stream. They want their listeners to go directly to their station's site to listen. We have implemented a special URL that allows for both stream capture and tuning of these streams. But, the station needs to be Added from the Media Guide. The dynamic, redirect URL will be then used like any other URL that comes from our database.

So, if there is a station that you'd like to see added to the Media Guide, please use the "Suggest Station" link from the Media Guide and enter as many of the station details as possible into the reference fields. We'll then add that station and you'll be able to record and listen to the stream.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

lhandlin
07-20-2008, 04:49 PM
And I will suggest WXRT!

Tom Mayes
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
WXRT has been updated in the database. It stream captures just fine. But for some reason the tuning is not working correctly. We'll try to figure out the issue, and hope it is not an new Streamtheworld complication. But for now, you can stream capture the stream just fine.

Tom.

craig78681
07-21-2008, 04:30 AM
The CBS Streamtheworld Player is designed so that one cannot use their underlying URL to record the stream. They want their listeners to go directly to their station's site to listen. We have implemented a special URL that allows for both stream capture and tuning of these streams. But, the station needs to be Added from the Media Guide. The dynamic, redirect URL will be then used like any other URL that comes from our database.
I just want to be sure that you guy understand how great, awesome, fantastic, stupendous and, yes, even delightful this service is that you are providing us. I love my Applian products (but, yes, there's always room for improvement) but updating of the Media Guide *doubles* their value ... at least. Don't ever discontinue this service ... unless you want to p**s me off. :)

Tom Mayes
07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the support Craig. We do the best we can to update the Media Guide. Applian folks are pulled in many directions ( human resources are scarce ), and the Guide is a huge project, so we rely on our users to let us know when a station needs updating. Also, the more data about the station that can be provided, the faster and easier, it makes the inputting of data.

So, to all who can help to keep the Media Guide up to date, thank you in advance.

Tom.

lhandlin
07-29-2008, 11:50 PM
It's still not working for me. I've tried several times and the resulting file is a .flv file that only plays for a second.

I do love the product and the support though and given the degree to which everyone is trying to hide streams I'm amazed at how well the guide does work. Replay A/V along with Orb are two of my favorite programs.

Tom Mayes
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM
We updated WXRT such that both Stream Capture and tuning of the station work properly. I just did a test by Adding WXRT fromt the Media Guide and confirm that both functions do work properly. Please Add WXRT anew and try both stream capture for recording and tuning of the stream.

Tom.

craig78681
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
We updated WXRT such that both Stream Capture and tuning of the station work properly. I just did a test by Adding WXRT fromt the Media Guide and confirm that both functions do work properly. Please Add WXRT anew and try both stream capture for recording and tuning of the stream.
Let the record show that you guys are awesome. But you knew that.

lhandlin
08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks--I'm assuming it was user error before ;)

Great support!

RazorBoy
01-25-2009, 06:26 AM
I am having trouble recording a Saturday morning show on WXRT in Chicago. I was able to get around 9 minutes before it dropped and then couldn't retune. The log says it got a 302 http, site moved, I think. Then it got 404 not found.

I didn't think it was a Vista problem, but I decided to shore those issues up. When I turned off user control and set the firewall to allow Replay AV it deleted the stations (XM, WXRT and This American Life) and I can't find the log now. I hate Vista...

When I try to play XRT reloaded from the Media Guide, the player comes up and there is nothing but the upper left icon. No sound. When I URL capture the stream, I get the same URL. When I play WGN's radio stream, no problem.

Is it possible CBS is again changing players/streams...the player looks different than I remember it.

Thanks,
J

Tom Mayes
01-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi,

I was unable to duplicate the issue. I added WXRT from the Media Guide and am able to both stream capture to file data as well as tune to the audio stream. So, the station website seems to be functioning OK - at least in this attempt - and the URL we are using for WXRT seems to be the correct one for the stream. If you are still having issues, please use our Support System to send your Log file: http://www.applian.com/logs.php

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Cheryl Wester
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
There are a few stations that our program is not able to stream capture due to the way they stream. If you have one that you can not find a URL for please try audio capture and it should work for you.