PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music not sensing silence between tracks.

noogies
07-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I have version 3.70, (the only version I have ever had since I'm a new user) and I have full administrative rights on my system.

I recently discovered the "silence.mp3" file, and with that in between each piece of music, I'm getting track separation.

I'm trying to record, from Napster, the pink floyd tracks from dark side of the moon, so I alternate a music track with "silence.mp3" but at the end of 1/2 hour of playing floyd music, I end up with a bunch of untagged tracks, all of which are 28 seconds long.

the 28 seconds are the final 28 seconds of each track. wtf?

Replay music seems to work ok when I play tracks individually, but not when i queue up several tracks and play them, even if I put silence.mp3 between tracks

(so far, 2 pieces of my Suite aren't very sweet. luckily I'm still in my "warranty" period)

noogies
07-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I realize that silence.mp3 is "intended" for use with itunes, but it solved the problem of detecting separation between tracks in the napster application too. Otherwise, 30 mins of an assortment of tracks is recorded by replay music as a single track.

NEW PROBLEM. when track separation IS detected, the tracks are now truncated to the final 28 seconds of each track.

NOTE: Napster web client is not available in Canada. Our only option is the napster application. Napster is redirecting us back to the napster.ca site when we try to connect to napster.com If some Canadian has figured out a work-around for this, I'd love to hear it.

noogies
07-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Update: If I play each song individually, and I'm sure to wait until each track is saved and tagged in Replay Music 3 before I start playing the next track in the Napster Client, then Replay Music tags, and saves the whole track properly.

It's only when I select several tracks in the Napster Client, and initiate the playing of the "Playlist" that replay music fails to work properly.

carlobee
07-26-2009, 06:25 PM
i figured out there are still a lot of things i do not really know about. thanks noogies for the info. http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

davegl
07-27-2009, 05:51 AM
No workaround for canada web-based napster.

The best way I have found is to download the songs to your pc, and then play them through a winamp playlist. They have a plug in to add spaces between songs. I have never had an issue recording songs this way.
The winamp auto-tagging option is also much better then the one currently being used by RM