PDA

View Full Version : Splitting recording in progress

tpro
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I have a Replay A/V8 enhancement suggestion:

I record a 3-hour long radio show each weekday, which I have set to split automatically into 3 parts, each one hour long.

But sometimes I'd like to be able to split the recording at "time now" so that I can start to listen to the part already recorded while the rest of the show continues to be recorded and split as-scheduled.

For example, if I come in at, say, 30 minutes after the start of the show, I'd like to be able to right-click on the show in progress and have an option to "Split now and continue recording". That way, I could listen to the first 1/2 hour of the show and still have RAV8 automatically capture and split the rest.

The only way to come close to this now is to choose "Stop Record" (and save the partial file) and then restart the recording manually. The problem with this approach is that the restarted recording doesn't know when to stop; it'll just keep on recording, apparently indefinitely, until the source disconnects or until there's enough dead air for it to stop on it's own.

Just a thought...

Cheryl Wester
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. The developer often uses suggestions from our customers to make changes in the program. Perhaps in a future update.