PDA

View Full Version : Converts FLV to

David Sze
07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I just bought / loaded Replay Converter after using Replay Media Catcher for a while. I want to convert an FLV file to avi or mpeg4 or wmv or something / anything.

When I use Replay Converter, it runs successfully, but my 16 MB FLV file gets converted to a 307 KB avi or a 364 KB wmv file. They clearly don't have the information from the FLV! I tried the Troubleshoot, and it converted again to the 300+ KB file.

Converting to audio - MP3 - failed. Setting it at Troubleshoot still failed.

Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
07-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Please make sure you are using the latest version of our converter. Then if you still have an issue contact tech support as a log file and additional information is going to be needed. A suggestion is to try a different flv file from a different source and see if it works. It could also be the file itself that is giving you the problem.

David Sze
07-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I reloaded the converter through the Converter software (instead of through the Suite software) and it now converts. There is a timing mismatch between the audio and video, but I remember seeing a thread about that.

Thanks for the very quick response - both from you and from Tech Support.

David Sze
07-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought I saw this problem posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

When converting FLV to AVI, MP4, and burning to a DVD, the audio is a couple of seconds ahead of the video - they are not synchronized.

The audio / video are synchronized fine on the FLV ... just not the converted files. Thanks again!

David

Cheryl Wester
07-20-2009, 07:42 AM
We are aware of this issue happening in some cases and the developers of both programs are working on it. It happens with a lot of converters-not just ours-if we get a fix we will have an update.