PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Vista 64 bit

diesel1120
07-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Using version 3.02. Trying to get Youtube vids only.Just got new computer with Vista Home 64 bit.With IE 7 when I open RMC the box pops up saying it won't work because of the User Control feature in IE.It says to upgrade to another browser.I still was able to get it to work by launching the browser from RMC,but IE would start having errors and locking up after 1 video.I changed the DEP setting to allow RMC and then it wouldn't download anything at all.I always try with and without the web stream dumper checked.
So I installed Firefox 3.5.It worked,but I can't get the HD vids(which is mostly what I want).Yes I know the trick on how to get HD vids by checking the box for web stream dumper.I have downloaded 1,000 HD vids using this method on my XP comp.So I installed Opera and it was just crap.Took forever to open youtube,wouldn't play vids,locked up 2 or 3 times.I gave each of these different browsers a chance as the default browser,but RMC still gave me the same box popup telling me to use another browser other than IE even when I was using the other ones.Maybe I could try uninstalling/reinstalling RMC? If the staff or nobody else can help me,does anyone know of another tool that will let me get youtube HD vids,without having to waste any more money?It looks like some of the others here like Ask&Record Toolbar have issues or don't work with Vista also.

Tasha Heinlein
07-11-2009, 02:10 PM
When you get the notice about launching IE Media Catcher OR using a different browser there is an option in the lower left corner to not see that message again. If the program detects you have User Account Control on it will continue to give you this reminder unless you check that option. I actually don't recommend using the Web Stream Dumper for the HD videos:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=2255

diesel1120
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I solved the problem.I uninstalled RMC and downloaded it from your site.This time when I went to install it,it asked me if I wanted the update.When I installed it the first time,I just transferred my old saved download from my old comp with a portable drive.Everything works fine now with the update,that must have been what the problem was.Also the web stream dumper works great because you don't have to save the whole video.For example if there is a 5 minute vid and you don't want the first 2 minutes,you just click at the point of the video that you want to start saving and it starts a new download from that spot.

Tasha Heinlein
07-14-2009, 07:38 AM
True - if you don't want the entire file the Web Stream Dumper is a good way to get the video. Glad it's working properly now!