PDA

View Full Version : A ton of problems

craep
07-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Hi there,

a friend recommended RMC and I downloaded the trial to see how it works. Unfortunately, nearly nothing works for me. I played around with every imaginable flv timestamp value but my results are always crap. I don't even know where to start.

I mainly wanted to capture streams at Smotri and Stickam and I was told to play around with the flv timestamp value when my capture plays too fast or too slow. So I started to test but I can't find a value that works reliable. I tried everything from 1-600 but:
- the Applian FLV player doesn't care much about my settings. It nearly always plays the file correct. However, the length of the file is not shown and I can't fast forward it.
- Media Player classic seems to play the video fine and I can even fast forward. However, the sound there is borked and way too slow.
- VLC on the other hand seems to play everything too fast, if it plays the file at all.
- And when I use the converter the results become really horrible, especially when converting to wmv.

But it gets even stranger. A few minutes ago I captures three streams from Smotri and Stickam with a flv value of 600 and they were fine. I stopped and saved them and tried another stream and guess what... it's borked again.

I'm not the biggest idiot on this planet but wtf am I doing so wrong here?

craep
07-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Another thing I just discovered. If I capture a stream for exactly one minute then the result only has video for 30 seconds while audio runs for 60 seconds. It doesn't even matter what flv timestamp value I use.

Tasha Heinlein
07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Usually set it around 500 for live streams. You will not be able to seek through these files because they are live streams.

See this thread for some advice that has helped others with this:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=2026

craep
07-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Well, no matter where I look they always tell to set the timestamps to 500 for streams. The problem is that doesn't work for me. No setting seems to work for me. The only player that plays the resulting flv in the original speed (video and sound) is the player that came with rmc. And the tool you linked, well it does make the flv seekable so i can use fast forward in the player that came with rmc but that's about it.

I don't know what to do. All I want is to record a free stream and convert it into a nice little avi afterwards... but I even fail at the recording part.