PDA

View Full Version : File still at 75% despite buying - bad wording

Killer37
07-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Hi, i downloaded the trial version of 3.2 last night to quicky capture a stream, i didn't have time to buy it beforehand. I used it to fully capture a live stream to 191.13MB. I clicked stop and save recording and thought it had saved it all.

I then went to play it and got a message pop up that said something along the lines of "Limited to 75% with trial version, please buy a key to save the whole file".

I therefore assumed if i bought a key, the full 191MB file would be saved, as that's what that message insinuated. However, i bought the key, tried to resave the file, and it was still a 75% file, even though the window of the program still said 191.13.

If you can't save the current video recorded in the trial version even if you buy a key, then i think the pop up menu is very badly worded and i will be applying for a refund. Unless there is a way to get the full file? The program is still open.

Thanks
Simon

Tasha Heinlein
07-05-2009, 07:50 AM
The demo version is limited to 75%. Only after purchasing the program will you be able to get the entire files from sites. Anything that you captured before you paid for the program will have to be re-captured if you want 100%. We have never had a complaint about the wording of this. I apologize if you misunderstood.

Killer37
07-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Well i can't remember how it was exactly worded, but like i say, it seemed to insinuate that buying a key would allow me to save THAT full file, and not just future ones.

It was a live stream, so resaving it isn't possible, so like i say as this product has disapointed me, i'll be getting a refund. Am i correct that this is the correct avenue to get that -

http://www.applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=10

Thanks
Simon

Tasha Heinlein
07-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes, that is correct. You should hear back rom someone shortly.