PDA

View Full Version : How long should it take for a 107 MB file?

jgwyatt
07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I have just installed the beta as I didn't think that 2.8 was working.

I am trying to convert .FLV files captured via Media Catcher on a Vista -32 machine. I have tried both ways (.flv using directshow and not using directshow) with no avail. I have let the my machine (dual core/4GB RAM) work on it for 45 minutes or so.

As a note, I have had some success by continuing to click 'Convert' in 2.8. The word some denotes that only about the first 10 to 15 seconds was converted.

Are there any more detail settings that can be provided? Is there any type of permissions that need to be granted to the program via directshow? UAC is turned off, I have disable virus protection (just in case :)), and even placed files to be converted on the local hard drive instead of firewire attached storage device. I would be willing to provide admins with tech specs of box if needed.

Thanks for trying to make our PCs the Ultimate media machines!

John

Mike Christensen
08-21-2008, 12:33 AM
I have just installed the beta as I didn't think that 2.8 was working.

I am trying to convert .FLV files captured via Media Catcher on a Vista -32 machine. I have tried both ways (.flv using directshow and not using directshow) with no avail. I have let the my machine (dual core/4GB RAM) work on it for 45 minutes or so.

As a note, I have had some success by continuing to click 'Convert' in 2.8. The word some denotes that only about the first 10 to 15 seconds was converted.

Are there any more detail settings that can be provided? Is there any type of permissions that need to be granted to the program via directshow? UAC is turned off, I have disable virus protection (just in case :)), and even placed files to be converted on the local hard drive instead of firewire attached storage device. I would be willing to provide admins with tech specs of box if needed.

Thanks for trying to make our PCs the Ultimate media machines!

John

Hi John,

There is now a new version of Replay Converter that you can download from the Replay Converter website: http://www.replay-converter.com/replay-converter/demo.php This version is a great improvement from the earlier version. While converting you can now see a progress bar that will give you a good idea on how long the conversion will take.

Best regards,