PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to listen to an AV recording?

Susi
07-04-2008, 10:55 AM
In A/V 7 I was able to tune to the station and hear what I was recording.

I just tried this in A/V 8.42 to go to TUNE station and it goes to a page but I can not hear anything.

Did the format change? I do have the Webpage up and I can hear what I believe is recording but I was just wondering if there is a way to do this without keeping my browser open once the recording starts.

I am hearing the recording through the webpage currently.

Any ideas?

Susi

craig78681
07-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Click on the show in Replay A/V 8. Select Properties. Click in the Recording tab. Select the Capture by Recording Audio Output button. This will allow you to hear and record the station at the same time.

The drawback to this is that all sounds that are being played through the speaker will be recorded. So, your recording my get "new mail" or IM message sounds as well as the program you are recording. Naturally this means you can only record one program at a time whereas the Capture by Downloading Streams option allows you to record more than one stream at a time.

craig78681
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh, maybe I misunderstood your question. It sounds like the address that Replay A/V is using is not correct. Will it capture the program with the Capture by Downloading Streams option? If the program is in the Media Guide I suggest you add the program to Replay A/V from the Media Guide and try again. You may have the wrong address and the Media Guide may have been updated with the correct address.

Susi
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks Craig I will have to try that. I tried it with the link I was using and I still could not hear it so I guess I need to find another link.

The show I was trying to record was a 10 hour special of the History of Rock and Roll and it was wonderful on the fourth of July.

I did record the whole show and that part works fine. I will work on recording live and remember to make the change you suggested. Susi