PDA

View Full Version : UScreenCapture / Orb

BostonDriver
06-29-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm tying to find what product I have installed UScreenCapture. I think Replay Video Capture and/or Applian might be the source.

I ask because I'm tying to get Orb (http://support.orb.com/) to work with my WinTV-PVR-350 to stream e.g. live TV.

There are several "capture driver" that shows up, the one for the PVR-350, one for my Web Cam and UScreenCapture. Orb supports the Web Cam (and can stream video from it just fine.) Orb support doesn't know what UScreenCapture is and wants me to remove it (at least to test.)

So I'm trying to find the exact source for it so I can remove properly and of course, re-install. If Orb behaves, what are the implications of not re-installing?

If an Applian product is the source, I'm also interested in any interoperability issues Applian might know about with Orb.

Thanks.

JohnCC
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm tying to find what product I have installed UScreenCapture. I think Replay Video Capture and/or Applian might be the source.

I ask because I'm tying to get Orb (http://support.orb.com/) to work with my WinTV-PVR-350 to stream e.g. live TV.

There are several "capture driver" that shows up, the one for the PVR-350, one for my Web Cam and UScreenCapture. Orb supports the Web Cam (and can stream video from it just fine.) Orb support doesn't know what UScreenCapture is and wants me to remove it (at least to test.)

So I'm trying to find the exact source for it so I can remove properly and of course, re-install. If Orb behaves, what are the implications of not re-installing?

If an Applian product is the source, I'm also interested in any interoperability issues Applian might know about with Orb.

Thanks.

JOHNCC Comments:
I am having exactly the same problem with my Skype WebCam.
For some reason the Applian program grabs the default every time I reboot, and when I try to Skype someone, all they get is a nice view of my Desktop. (until I go AGAIN to Skype Tools/Options/Video Settings and tell it AGAIN that Logitech QuickCam is my WebCam.

How can we stop UScreenCapture masquerading as a Web-Cam ?> :confused:
Please help ;) Thanks for any suggestions to stop this persistent annoyance.

RunHigh
12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
most of the time when you go to webcam setting to chose the default cam-its help-I never have problem with skype.

paradox19993
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
there is a file in C:\Windows\System32 called uscreencapture.ax that you have to delete to allow the use of you defualt webcam